Page 72 of 361 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by firstcapitalfirearms
    when I do I get the error messages "No Model Field In Record. This line was not imported" What does that mean
    Did you have a model entered??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by firstcapitalfirearms View Post
    I also did a different upload that I saved earlier with the same data and it uploaded fine

Thanks
    Mark
    I got that aswell , I uploaded a few tests, Checked it then deleted, When i tried to upload the exact same data i got the message "No model number found, Was not imported"

It's seems to hold onto it the first time, and if you try it again it doesn't see it the second time,

I never got to the bottom of it, maybe try clearing out "Optimise" Debug" in store manager and see if clears it ???

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sash View Post
    The name of your file is this screenshot does not begin correctly. You have "attrib-ep."

Must be "Attrib-Basic-EP" (and "Attrib-Detailed-EP" for the detailed later step).

You may have already corrected this, but it will result in no import.

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to upload some inventory and when I do I get the error messages "No Model Field In Record. This line was not imported" What does that mean. I have on my cvs a place for v_products_model.
    Look at the lines of output that show the errors. Do any import? If so, look at some of the ones that do not. Do they involve special characters that are not being escaped? When you get such an error it throws the file off and a blank field ends up where the model number is being read.

There are several reasons for "no model number" errors.

Plugin Contributions

I do have models listed I believe. I was able to upload an older file that I did earlier and had prices on the older file but the prices did not upload. I can send an attachment to someone if it may help.

Thanks
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

I can send an attachment to someone if it may help.
    I sent you a pm to send a file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sash View Post
    The attributes are a pain in the ########, Some have three main Attribute categorys , Different sizes within them and then whatever combination chosen has a price to match, UUGhh !!

I went back to the basic last night and tried uploading attributes than i already had manually input into admin, and it still came up blank ??

Do you mean this file as the others don't have as much attribute info Attachment 11415
    SASH!

Sorry you're struggling with attributes. Did you follow the File Naming Convention for Attribute Imports? This is VITAL! Otherwise EP4 will not know what to do with the file.... basically IGNORING your attributes!

The file naming convention is explicitly documented, use:

Attrib-Basic-EP + what ever you want + .csv
    Attrib-Detailed-EP + what ever you want + .csv

You should be first creating your Basic attributes before attempting to modify the Detailed settings (if any).

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

HOW TO ATTACH FILES TO YOUR POST

When you want to attach a file for us to look at, you will first need to ZIP it. You cannot attach .csv files without first doing this.

After you click Reply or Reply to Thread, you will need to click "Go Advanced" ....

Scroll down a bit and you will see a box titled "Additional Options", and under this Attachments.

Click "Manage Attachments" and you will be able to upload your ZIP file.

You don't need to attached every item in your data base. You should NOT be using more than just a FEW record items when you are first learning to do data imports.

Attach your .csv (zipped) exactly how you are uploading it. 95% (or more) of all problems I have helped with are data format related.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

might be a strange question, but i'd love to convert straight over to EP4 (am running 1.5 with 1.2.5.4,a nd have the new EP installed)...

However my main issue is that my business database (75 tables with ~90,000 records) is currently arranged with exports to feed directly to the older EP.

IS there a way to set up EP 4 to accept (or export) files in the same config (1 record per row, with attribs in the same record by field name) as is setup in EP 1.2.5.4?

currently my database exports in a single MER file wiht the record (ie., model#) as the identifier, and with all attribs in the same record.. It can take quite some time for it to install in the site, but it usually works quite well.

I'd love to be able to take advantage of a few things with EP4, IF I can get past this hurdle.

Thx for any thoughts....

Plugin Contributions

I posted here a couple of pages ago about a GST problem Im having with easy populate.
    Basically I need the export to include more decimals, it gets cut off at 2, when adding 10% to that, we dont get back to the correct full retail price.

Heres the link to my full question, be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...80#post1161780