Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion chinese and russian language packs are not working with my new installation

I just installed zencart 1.5.0 and uploaded the russian and chinese language files to the server (these language files are not in 1.3.9 since there isn't any 1.5.0 language files to download), created the language from admin, noticed a few problem:
    1. the language icon is not displayed for chinese (simplified) and russian, but the language name I input is diaplay instead. I confirmed the icon.gif language icon files are there under \includes\languages\schinese\images folder
    2. In the admin page, after switching from english to chinese or russian, the admin home language table information is not translated correctly. Like if the selected language is english, following is shown:
    Languages
    Language Code Action
    Russian ru
    English (default) en Info
    Chinese zh

And if russian is selected, following is shown:
    HEADING_TITLE
    TABLE_HEADING_LANGUAGE_NAME TABLE_HEADING_LANGUAGE_CODE TABLE_HEADING_ACTION
    Russian ru
    English (по умолчанию) en Информация
    Chinese zh

Notice the tables columns translations is wrong.

3. When installing russian, there are many files already in the server side after zencart 1.5.0 installation, like \includes\classes\support\phpmailer.lang-ru.php, all images under \image (including call_for_price.jpeg, free.jpeg, freedown.jpeg, no_picture.gif) etc.

Any suggestions on how to fix above issues OR how should I install non-english languages to zencart 1.5.0 (or where can I download the language packs for 1.5.0)?

Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: chinese and russian language packs are not working with my new installation of 1.

Please ignore my question for now. I found some files have the wrong size (0 kb), let me redo this first. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: chinese and russian language packs are not working with my new installation

Hello heloparis, did you solve the problem?
    I have a similar one! E.g. i cannot see the box with the flags on the main page.
    However i can change the language if i write the address manually, that is, i add to the main page URL the part:
    ...\index.php?main_page=index&language=XX

Where XX is the language code.

But i cannot see the language box in any way.

To be sure, i installed netherland language (dutch), that is in version 1.5, but anyway it doesn't work, no language box.
    So i tried to delete all languages except dutch and english (both compatible with 1.5) but no way to see the language box.

Since 4 days i am trying many ways, I''ll continue to try, thanks for any help.

----
    PS. i have no file with length 0, the minimum is 764 B and bigger.