I just installed zencart 1.5.0 and uploaded the russian and chinese language files to the server (these language files are not in 1.3.9 since there isn't any 1.5.0 language files to download), created the language from admin, noticed a few problem:
1. the language icon is not displayed for chinese (simplified) and russian, but the language name I input is diaplay instead. I confirmed the icon.gif language icon files are there under \includes\languages\schinese\images folder
2. In the admin page, after switching from english to chinese or russian, the admin home language table information is not translated correctly. Like if the selected language is english, following is shown:
Languages
Language Code Action
Russian ru
English (default) en Info
Chinese zh

And if russian is selected, following is shown:
HEADING_TITLE
TABLE_HEADING_LANGUAGE_NAME TABLE_HEADING_LANGUAGE_CODE TABLE_HEADING_ACTION
Russian ru
English (по умолчанию) en Информация
Chinese zh

Notice the tables columns translations is wrong.

3. When installing russian, there are many files already in the server side after zencart 1.5.0 installation, like \includes\classes\support\phpmailer.lang-ru.php, all images under \image (including call_for_price.jpeg, free.jpeg, freedown.jpeg, no_picture.gif) etc.

Any suggestions on how to fix above issues OR how should I install non-english languages to zencart 1.5.0 (or where can I download the language packs for 1.5.0)?

Many thanks.