Plugin Contributions

Default Issue with upgrading db: database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0 upg

I've created a 1.5 install of my site, and migrated the source files over from the 1.3.8a version.

I've merged the MYSQL db from the 1.3.8a version into the 1.5 DB

database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0 upgrade via zc_install

I ran the ZC_install, I can only get to the Database Security box, and it seems to not recognize my password to let me pass to the actual upgrade..i even tried resetting the password to "admin" via phpmyadmin, but no dice...this is what I am getting:

Database Security Your Administrator username/password (the one that you use to access your shop Admin area) are required in order to make database changes. (This is NOT your MySQL password)
    Admin name##############################
    Password:##############################__

It gives me this even after entering what I think is the right password..

ATTENTION: Problems Found
    X Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade more info...

Any ideas? This has been driving me nuts all day! Is it linking to the wrong DB somehow? The admin Config.php is pointing to the correct db, same as the regular include>config.php file..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Issue with upgrading db: database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0

zc_install looks at the non-admin configure.php file to know what database to connect to. If you copied that file from your live site then you've done yourself two disservices: wiped out the good data found in the one initially built by the 1.5 install, and pointed it to your other database, which means you're attempting to upgrade the wrong one.
    And/or you've got the wrong DB_PREFIX in the file, which means it's looking at the wrong tables altogether, and thus can't authenticate you because you're actually giving it credentials for the wrong upgrade.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Issue with upgrading db: database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0

I am currently having the same problem as bongobayfusion.
    I create a new install with the 1.5 version with a new blank DB called storenew15. I can load admin and the 1.5 website OK.
    I then import my live DB to another DB called storenewup. I change the DB name in the 1.5 version config files from storenew15 to storenewup. Run zc_install again and go to upgrade database. When I get to adding the admin login and password I get the same errors as bongobayfusion. I know the password etc is correct because I was just in there.
    What am I missing?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's looking for the admin username+password from the database you pointed your configure.php files to.

So, if you just imported old data into the database, then you need the admin username+password that goes along with the admin users in that old database.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It's looking for the admin username+password from the database you pointed your configure.php files to.

So, if you just imported old data into the database, then you need the admin username+password that goes along with the admin users in that old database.
    AH! That worked!!
    I think with previous 1.3 upgrades I was using the same admin username & password for both and it was just dumb luck that it worked.
    Thank you Dr Byte.

Plugin Contributions

Dear Zen Cart Expert,

I also got the same problem.

I install new store ver 1.5.1 using Cpanel (Softaculous), but when i change db connection in configure.php file to my live old store (ver 1.3.9h), the new store appear :

Hopefully somebody can hep me...

thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mydreams View Post
    I install new store ver 1.5.1 using Cpanel (Softaculous), but when i change db connection in configure.php file to my live old store (ver 1.3.9h), the new store appear :
    You need to do an upgrade to make your data compatible with the new version. See the information and links on http://www.zen-cart.com/upgrade