Plugin Contributions

red flag Admin not working or updating... after server crash

I am in dire need of some assistance. Yesterday my site was working fine and this morning I get an email that I had a new order, went to the site and the customer and the order were not listed under the Orders or Customers sections. I proceeded to look around the Admin to find out that the Who's online function isn't working either. It is just blank. I tried to make up a couple of dummy customer logins and orders and they didn't show up either. Now it has been over 12hrs since I noticed the issue I see that the Counter History has not updated since this morning either. I have not made any changes what so ever and have been in contact with the hosting company. The only issue that has recently come up is that the hosting company had a server crash the other day and just got my site back live day before yesterday.

PLEASE HELP!

Chris
    v1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin not working or updating...

If your server had a crash and now you have problems, you need to find out what's the matter with your host.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin not working or updating... after server crash

They are wanting to install a fresh version of zencart.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like your admin and storefront are pointing to different databases. Check whether your configure.php files both contain the same DB_XXXXXX settings. And if they don't, then decide which one to keep and make them both use the same DB_XXXXX settings. NOTE: The rest of the file contents are NOT identical, so don't just blindly copy one file over the other.

If they are already using the same db settings, then it sounds like your host didn't do a very good job of restoring from backups.

A fresh install isn't a whole lot different than this, in the end: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Dr. Byte!

Thanks for the suggestions! I ran a search for configure.php and found the following:

/home/ultraspo/public_html/Admin/includes/application_top.php

Line #78 : echo 'ERROR: Admin configure.php not found. Suggest running install? <a href="../zc_install/index.php">Click here for installation</a>';

Line #80 : die('ERROR: admin/includes/configure.php file not found. Suggest running zc_install/index.php?');

Line #97 : // if the admin/includes/configure.php file doesn't contain admin-related content, throw error

Line #106 : echo ('ERROR: The admin/includes/configure.php file has invalid configuration. Please rebuild, or verify specified paths.');

/home/ultraspo/public_html/Admin/includes/dist-configure.php

Line #9 : * @version $Id: dist-configure.php 6329 2007-05-16 15:36:56Z drbyte $

/home/ultraspo/public_html/Admin/includes/languages/english/sqlpatch.php

Line #34 : 'admin/includes/configure.php file (DB_PREFIX definition).<br /><br />' .

/home/ultraspo/public_html/Admin/sqlpatch.php

Line #24 : 'admin/includes/configure.php file (DB_PREFIX definition).<br /><br />' .

/home/ultraspo/public_html/includes/application_top.php

Line #104 : $problemString = 'includes/configure.php not found';

Line #112 : $problemString = 'includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not set';

Line #143 : $problemString = 'includes/configure.php file empty or file not found, OR wrong DB_TYPE set, OR cannot find includes/autoload_func.php which suggests paths are wrong or files were not uploaded correctly';

/home/ultraspo/public_html/includes/classes/class.phpbb.php

Line #65 : foreach($lines as $line) { // read the configure.php file for specific variables

Line #83 : foreach($lines as $line) { // read the configure.php file for specific variables

/home/ultraspo/public_html/includes/dist-configure.php

Line #8 : * @version $Id: dist-configure.php 6329 2007-05-16 15:36:56Z drbyte $

/home/ultraspo/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_header.php

Line #52 : // check if the configure.php file is writeable

/home/ultraspo/public_html/includes/templates/UltraSportsman/templates/tpl_zc_install_suggested_default.php

Line #4 : * This page is auto-displayed if the configure.php file cannot be read properly. It is intended simply to recommend clicking on the zc_install link to begin installation.

Line #53 : If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.<br />

/home/ultraspo/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_zc_install_suggested_default.php

Line #4 : * This page is auto-displayed if the configure.php file cannot be read properly. It is intended simply to recommend clicking on the zc_install link to begin installation.

Line #53 : If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.<br />

What do you make of it?

Thanks,
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Um, searching for a filename using the Developers Toolkit is not going to give you the actual files' contents.

Use your FTP program and actually look at the two configure.php files.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, remember that I am very new to this but I will look and report my findings.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

DrByte you are a genius! That was it! When the hosting company moved the files they didn't have the configure.php files pointing in the same direction. I really appreciate the help and it helped them to find the problem quicker! Thanks again DrByte!

Sincerely,
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For reference in the future, here are the instructions for safely transferring sites from one server to another: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100