Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem getting ck editor to work properly in zc1.5

I had a customer install this and lost his sidebars on the main page, but they are there on other pages? Any idea?
    Signature not needed

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

CKEditor isn't used on the storefront at all. So highly unlikely to be related.
    Or else you've put the files in the wrong places and probably mangled other things in the process. Or installed other addons at the same time and the symptoms are caused by those other things instead.

Might help:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Either that or WAY more information is needed for diagnosing the problem ... and should be in a completely new discussion thread.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

After reinstalling and checking a few other things its fixed thanks to this thread
    Signature not needed

Plugin Contributions

I made all the modifications to the english and config files to iso charset and I still can't get the editor to come up.

It is in the My Store selection, and also shows up on the Define pages area, but when I select it, it just does nothing??

Plugin Contributions

Found it, disregard above. iso was the fix.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Thanks for confirming that restoring your site's configuration to match the character set of your data is what solved the problem.

Changing character sets is not recommended unless you know exactly what you're doing and have a solid business reason for making the change.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

After installing the latest CKE editor on my Zen 1.5 store (Dutch too) I found an empty screen when selected CKE editor as my default editor. After some searching I found the following file missing from the fileset:

editors/ckeeditor/lang/MYLANGUAGE.js (in my case: nl.js)

After adding this from a CKEeditor for Zen Cart 1.3.9h It all worked fine,.. It may help someone.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Correct. If you read the documentation contained in the addon, you'll see that situation explained. Along with the reasons why.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12