Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin 404 Not Found The requested URL was not found on this server

I'm just testing and making a 1.5.0 site for a friend who hopefully will use This for her new business. I've ran Zen before, but ran into a problem this time. After removing the zc files, and renaming admin... I can't access it. I can get into the catalog area no problem.. not the newly renamed admin area. Any ideas?

I get the following:

Not Found

The requested URL /gmadmin was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I only added the gm as that is the persons initials... figured it was easy enough. Maybe the admin is not supposed to be any part of the name?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin login

Are you really installed on a Windows server?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

You may have a point, I just checked on HostMonster, looks as it may be Linux

Plugin Contributions

404 is pretty specific - that path doesn't exist. If you look at your folders and files with your FTP program is the /gpadmin folder there ?

I think gpadmin is allowed, but you should probably choose something that's harder to guess.

Plugin Contributions

I will change it all eventually, Once she decides if she wants to go with the site or not. In a nutshell, she's done this product before, but it got to be more than she could handle. She's regrouping it again, because after 5 years she is still getting requests.

What I did... since it's a fresh start, is removed everything.... I let HostMonster Install ZenCart, and I want to update the current 1.3.9h version it installed to v150. Is that a good thought? or did I big time?

Plugin Contributions

No. It doesn't make any sense to install an outdated version, then go through the hassle of updating it, when you can just install the latest version manually.

There's a pretty easy-to-follow installation instructions file in the /docs folder of the Zencart zip file.

Plugin Contributions

I found that out... going through it all again, I tried, everything still indicated it was v1.3.9h. Guess it's a good thing I'm out of work, and have nothing but time huh :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin 404 Not Found The requested URL was not found on this server

One good thing... I can now access admin... but know I'll be starting over...again

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

K... I'm back where I started.

I deleted both previous installs. I even did a registry repair/reboot.. Just in case.

I FTP'd everything to a directory named catalog.

I can get to the catalog without a hitch.

When I attempt going to the /catalog/zc_install ( or any variation of that ) I again get the 'Oops! This link appears to be broken.' tag, depending on which browser I use...they vary.

I've tried with and without the http prefix, with & without www. It just won't allow access to anything but the catalog. This time I've not even gotten to the installer, where I input info. Any thoughts?

Not a good day to quit smoking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast