Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Need Help ~ Admin Settings

Hello, I have a questions,

I'm trying to change my password in zen cart and I'm getting this error, I see no fields or anything

1054 Unknown column 'admin_level' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select admin_id, admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level from zen_admin order by admin_name limit 0, 20]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Help ~ Admin Settings

Please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section of that screen.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Need Help ~ Admin Settings

What version of Zen Cart are you using? 1.3.9h
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)? No
    What addons have you installed? When? None
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install? Its not

I changed my password about a month ago. I go to change it again and I can't

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Somehow your database has been changed and a required column/field is missing from the admin table.

You need to find out why that is.

A fresh clean install of Zen Cart v1.3.9h does indeed contain the admin_level column. So, either you've done something yourself which has deleted that column, or you've installed an addon that's deleted it, or you've been hacked by someone who's deleted it.

If indeed you've done NOTHING to change the initial install of Zen Cart on your site, then perhaps a fresh new install after wiping all the files and deleting and recreating the database would be your smartest first step. And while you're at it you may as well use the latest version of Zen Cart. No point starting a new site on old code.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Need Help ~ Admin Settings

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Somehow your database has been changed and a required column/field is missing from the admin table.

You need to find out why that is.

A fresh clean install of Zen Cart v1.3.9h does indeed contain the admin_level column. So, either you've done something yourself which has deleted that column, or you've installed an addon that's deleted it, or you've been hacked by someone who's deleted it.

If indeed you've done NOTHING to change the initial install of Zen Cart on your site, then perhaps a fresh new install after wiping all the files and deleting and recreating the database would be your smartest first step. And while you're at it you may as well use the latest version of Zen Cart. No point starting a new site on old code.

This would be in the admin.php file correct? So if I just replace the admin.php file with a orig one would that work? I'm new to ZC so Im not sure how to update it without messing my shop up.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, it's not the admin.php file. It's the admin table in your database.
    What have you done to damage your database?

Plugin Contributions

Since this is the admin login being effected, I'd be looking at that table in the database poste-haste to see if any changes, (like new admins), have been added.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    No, it's not the admin.php file. It's the admin table in your database.
    What have you done to damage your database?
    I haven't done anything. My host ( JustHost ) was the last person to do anything to my site. Only because my sub domain wasnt on the same server as my main so they moved it. I'm not sure what to do.

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking at my DB and i see "admin_level" is missing. How do i add it to the table? I don't remember how to

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SocalPotHead View Post
    What addons have you installed? When? None
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install? Its not
    Um ... so what should I make of your prior posts which talk about addons you HAVE installed?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...87#post1081687
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188936
    and another about adding a blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast