Plugin Contributions

Default Delivery Address Error

When a customer purchases some goods using their Pay Pal A/C and they have not updated the address Pay Pal have on file for them, then the delivery address for their order seems to default (in admin) to the address Pay Pal have on file for them.

Or when a customer places an order and gets somebody else with a Pay Pal A/C to pay for the order, it seem the delivery address
    defaults to that of the payee and not the customer who placed the order

can the default (if there is such a thing) be switched off??? Or could this be just one more problem one inherits when using Pay Pal??

The major problems with the above is:
    1/ I send packages to addresses where the customers no longer live.
    2/ I send packages to the payee who may live miles away from the customer.
    3/ When I see a different delivery address (in admin), I don't know if this is a genuine redirection or an error as explained above.

Please can anyone help

Derek

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Delivery Address Error

Thanks to the over 300 people who have looked at this post over the last 6 weeks.

Before I try to delve deeper into the Paypal Pro source code, can anyone at least point me in the right direction?

Especially if version 1.5 might overwrite any source changes

thanks

Derek

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Delivery Address Error

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bryant View Post
    Thanks to the over 300 people who have looked at this post over the last 6 weeks.

Before I try to delve deeper into the Paypal Pro source code, can anyone at least point me in the right direction?

Especially if version 1.5 might overwrite any source changes

thanks

Derek
    Can I give this thread a bump? I would be grateful to hear of any solution to this,because I've got exactly the same thing happening on a 1.5.1 site,using PayPal Express.A customer bought something,and the order details showed a different address for shipping,to which we duly sent the goods .But that shipping address had not been entered by the customer,PayPal had defaulted to it because it was the confirmed address of the PayPal account holder.
    Its not good,because PayPal is in effect removing aspects of the transaction from the customers control, and I would really like to try and fix it.
    Can anyone help?
    thanks