Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: possible 1.5 problem? Add to the cart goes to Page cannot be found

It goes from:

'http://www.paulmarlinco.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=8&zenid=sqjqorpege03tncuaqf ppl6kb3

To

'http://www.paulmarlinco.com/index.php?main_page=page_not_found&zenid=je4l4t5e2cearie1n3b4vu35i2

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Admin->Configuration->My Store->Missing Page Check ... temporarily set this to "off", and see what happens when you try again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Just turned it off. Does not appear to be a change in behavior. Checked from 2 browsers both after clearing cache.

Is is possible something is screwed up in the database? Would it be worth it to blow it away again, and reinstall it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It could be caused by several things:
    - a URL-rewrite rule/addon that's confused
    - missing folders and/or files in your /includes/modules/pages/ directory
    - PHP sessions problems preventing a session from being properly started or remembered from page to page ... which could be caused by cookie-blocking software or odd domain configurations which are masking the real location of files. Apache is definitely more reliable with this than IIS/Windoze

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte: Display cart after clicking is TRUE so i did not change that. I changed Missing Page Check to OFF and the exact same things occur.

Example problem: Click add to cart on this page: http://www.dresshaute.com/index.php?...433d34850ccabc

It goes to: http://www.dresshaute.com/index.php?...433d34850ccabc

Answering the questions below:
    What version of Zen Cart are you using?

Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    fresh install to 1.5 from scratch

HOW did you install it? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs are NOT recommended))
    I uploaded using FTP, created database, configured it all, ran the zc_install, had simple SEO professionally installed, installed a purchased template. Turned Simple SEO off and still replicates problem. Turned off template back to classic (still same problem)

In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    Theme is installed and Simple SEO. On another domain i have installed this theme on a 1.39 version and had no problems (minus SIMPLE SEO though)

If you're encountering display/layout problems, post your site URL* so it can be seen in action.
    address: http://www.dresshaute.com (again the problem is only adding to the cart with the add to cart buttons; the buy now buttons work great, somehow if i could use that function on the add to the cart buttons i would be fixed)

If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL).
    I don't believe this is server related.

Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking?
    Yes.

WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?
    I am unsure because I never checked the add to the cart buttons at all. Then i checked them after the Simple SEO was installed and it did not work. However with SEO off it still happens. I'm trying to avoid a fresh new reinstall if possible.

I hope this information helps. I think it has something to do with the coding but i have no idea what. I just don't get how the Buy Now buttons works as the function i want it too by adding the product and displaying the cart. How can i replicate that function to the add to the cart?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It could be caused by several things:
    - a URL-rewrite rule/addon that's confused
    - missing folders and/or files in your /includes/modules/pages/ directory
    - PHP sessions problems preventing a session from being properly started or remembered from page to page ... which could be caused by cookie-blocking software or odd domain configurations which are masking the real location of files. Apache is definitely more reliable with this than IIS/Windoze
    K. Well, before I dig too much deeper. I'm going to drop the database, and reload it one more time.

I have verified all folders and files are present.

Plugin Contributions

How weird! Same thing. . . . .

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I do notice that your site is very slow. I'm guessing that's cuz it's on a typical GoDaddy overloaded slow server.
    And on windoze at that. To quote Kim, "Oy!"

Is there a particular business reason why you're running your site on a windows server? Most every time we convince someone to switch off Windoze (ESPECIALLY with GoDaddy), they instantly find all their odd problems go away.

Plugin Contributions

Fixed it.

Turned out to be a problem with the config file and "DIR_WS_CATALOG" pointing to the wrong spot.

Thanks for the idea of the URL rewrite, or I don't think I would have thought to look there.

Plugin Contributions

I do a lot of .Net Programming, which is why I'm using Windows.

I may just need to pick up a second hosting account with Linux after all for the Zen's and Word Presses and such.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast