Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: possible 1.5 problem? Add to the cart goes to Page cannot be found

nettrak,
    Your problem is that your custom template isn't properly building input forms. It's probably based on a very old Zen Cart version, and the improved security (which protects against XSS, CSRF, SQL Injections, and more) in v1.5 is getting triggered because of the malformed form.
    A proper upgrade includes upgrading ALL your customized files, including templates, language files, and more.
    You need to finish those aspects of your upgrade for normal functionality to work.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by drewrox View Post
    Fixed it.

Turned out to be a problem with the config file and "DIR_WS_CATALOG" pointing to the wrong spot.
    I'm very curious to know what it was set to and what you had to change it to .... and how it got the wrong spot in there in the first place.
    Mind sharing?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes i don't understand how that would get changed. I think everything looks correct in my configure file....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    nettrak,
    Your problem is that your custom template isn't properly building input forms. It's probably based on a very old Zen Cart version, and the improved security (which protects against XSS, CSRF, SQL Injections, and more) in v1.5 is getting triggered because of the malformed form.
    A proper upgrade includes upgrading ALL your customized files, including templates, language files, and more.
    You need to finish those aspects of your upgrade for normal functionality to work.
    Would the easy fix then be to use the older version of ZenCart which I know works with the template?

I'm unaware I guess at this point in how to make the customized function of the add to the cart work with 1.5

Plugin Contributions

Well, with godaddy's hosting I suppose. . . . .

The weird thing is. .

I installed the zen-cart into the root of a hosted domain. The configuration defaulted to "/" on DIR_WS_CATALOG (made since to me. . .)

On my other installations, it set it as "/thedomain_com/". When I changed it from "/" to "/paulmarlinco_com/", it started working.

It must be rewriting the url's from the physical path, not the web path.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by drewrox View Post
    Well, with godaddy's hosting I suppose. . . . .

The weird thing is. .

I installed the zen-cart into the root of a hosted domain. The configuration defaulted to "/" on DIR_WS_CATALOG (made since to me. . .)

On my other installations, it set it as "/thedomain_com/". When I changed it from "/" to "/paulmarlinco_com/", it started working.

It must be rewriting the url's from the physical path, not the web path.
    That's smacking of problems. Surely you don't want your website running from a subdirectory like http://www.paulmarlinco.com/paulmarlinco_com/

Most people want DIR_WS_CATALOG to be pointing to '/' because that's a more friendly presentation of the URL.

Plugin Contributions

EXACTLY!

But apparently if you do that "/", even though the store is IN the root, it breaks the URL rewrite component. . . .

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart has no built-in URL rewrite component. Must be something amuck with the host.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nettrak View Post
    Ok i have a strange problem.

- I'm using zencart 1.5
    - I installed a theme. Although I've gone back to the classic theme and problem persists
    - I have the module Simple SEO installed yet i've turned it off and still have same problem.

Problem: On my product info page when you click "add to the cart" it goes to my page not found page.

Interesting Scenario though: When you click on a Buy Now button it adds the product to the cart with no problem.

Examples of the problem: http://www.dresshaute.com/shop-by-co...ck/black-dress

IF you go there and click "Add This To my Cart" you will see my issue.

However if you go here: http://www.dresshaute.com/products_all

and click on a "Buy Now" button it works as how I want the add to the cart button should work.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or what code needs to be examined or changed. I really don't want to reinstall everything and start from scratch but i know I may have to.

Thanks!
    I had the same problem & mine was down to ssu.

Have you tried a complete fresh install?

If not then what I did is replace the ssu html output file with original supplied with zc1.5.

Hope this helps

Darryl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123