Plugin Contributions

Default need someone to do the upgrade for me

Hi there -- my ZC admin is showing me there's security updates and I need to upgrade from 1.3.9h to version 1.5. I've looked at some of the support threads in here and I have absolutely no intention of attemping this myself 'cause it looks like there's waaaay too many things that can go very very wrong and I just don't have the time to deal with a crashed site because I messed something up.

So, I'm looking for someone who knows Zen Cart and and can do the upgrade for me. At the same time, I'd also love it if said person could fix things so that people don't have to enter their phone number when creating accounts.

I'm using a third-party template, and have made some modifictions to some of the PHP files, plus I've added the social media plugin.

Anyone have any suggestions on where the best place would be to find someone to do this who knows what they're doing? I'm kind of hesitant to hit Elance...

TIA!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: need someone to do the upgrade for me

Just a comment on no phone number. At least in my business, and especially when we have a dress drop-shipped by the designer, a customer phone number is desired for the shipping company.

Not to mention sometimes we have to contact the customer by phone (although we do try to rely mostly on email and our order updates.)

sph
    prommart com
    Last edited by SPH; 20 May 2012 at 02:59 AM.

Plugin Contributions

If you're happy with v1.3.9h there is no strong need to upgrade -- it is secure when properly set up. And if you don't want to deal with the changes brought on by v1.5's adherence to PCI compliance, then you really don't want to upgrade.

Also, it's possible to make the phone field non-compulsory.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

deleted duplicate post
    Last edited by TechChallenged; 22 May 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    If you're happy with v1.3.9h there is no strong need to upgrade -- it is secure when properly set up. And if you don't want to deal with the changes brought on by v1.5's adherence to PCI compliance, then you really don't want to upgrade.

Also, it's possible to make the phone field non-compulsory.

Rob
    Oh, you just made my day! It was set up through my web host, so it should have been set up properly. YAY! I was not looking forward to having to upgrade. About the phone number -- would you happen to know what I have to do in order to make the phone number non-compulsory? I found a plugin that's supposed to do that, but it says it hasn't been tested with the version I have, so I don't know if I should try it or not...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TechChallenged View Post
    About the phone number -- would you happen to know what I have to do in order to make the phone number non-compulsory? I found a plugin that's supposed to do that, but it says it hasn't been tested with the version I have, so I don't know if I should try it or not...
    Never mind -- I just figured it out, and even finally got rid of the red asterisk in the account creation form!

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you'll soon be totally zenned!

Rob