Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default English Pound signs not displaying and causing problem in admin

Hi Guys, I just upgraded from 1.3.9b to 1.5.0.
    My site shows just as I expect it to except my English pounds signs £ were displaying in some cases as a small black triangle with a question mark in the black triangle.
    so I've been going through the attributes (option names text boxes) and changing them to the full html version &pound instead of the keyboard typed £ and this seems to work.

Now my related problem is that on some of my products' descriptions I have an English pound symbol written by me within the main description of the text
    but when I go into Admin/Catalog/Categories/Products then into a category then a product
    I can see and edit the Products Description on most of my products, but on some I see just a white box with none of my text showing and if I press Preview I don't see the text on preview.
    The webpage showing the actual product does show the text that should be there. It's just that now I can't edit it.

I've noticed that the faulty ones are where I wrote an English Pound sign in the body of the text so now I can't edit the product to fix the problem.
    I've attached a small screenshot to show the incorect symbol that I see in my product.

Is there something that I can do to fix this?
    I tried to use the Admin/Developers Toolkit to search for some of the keywords so that I could locate which products were not displaying the text within Admin but when I searched I couldn't locate any of my keywords, so I guess that this function isn't designed to search through my products.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nedward
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nedward; 11 Jan 2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: small edit needed