Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sending order data to a script

Use Express Checkout instead of Website Payments Standard, and then the normal notifiers will fire properly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again for the quick response. That solved the problem in short order.
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Plugin Contributions

Using this approach, how would I grab the stock quantity from the ordered products? Since that information is not part of $Class->products i suspect that it would need to be added from the order class. Im looking at the stock_limited section but havent quite figured out how to adapt it.

It would be quite useful to have the out-of-stock products passed along so I could automate the backorder process.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SHK View Post
    Using this approach, how would I grab the stock quantity from the ordered products? Since that information is not part of $Class->products i suspect that it would need to be added from the order class. Im looking at the stock_limited section but havent quite figured out how to adapt it.

It would be quite useful to have the out-of-stock products passed along so I could automate the backorder process.
    The simplest way would be to simply run a quick query in your observer class to retrieve the necessary information to pass along.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The simplest way would be to simply run a quick query in your observer class to retrieve the necessary information to pass along.
    Right you are. Dont know what I was thinking. Thanks for reminding me.

Now my little observer compares order qty with stock qty and changes the order status to backorder.
    Backorder items(model/qty) are sent to our main system and placed on the next order to our suppliers.
    Like jsquared I also send the shipping information sent to our logistics partners.

Quite useful little things, these observers.

Plugin Contributions

And/or, You could set up a cron to check for 0 or low-stock items at regular intervals and do whatever you wish from there. Depends on how fast your inventory moves I guess.
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123