Plugin Contributions

Default Admin access to store installed locally on Wamp server

Hello Gurus,

I have successfully installed Wamp server on my local xp machine, I also installed a zencart on it. I am having a problem accessing the Admin page, it always say wrong user/password.

I then go directly to the database and pull out the password which is an encrypted string and type it in, no working. I add a new admin user with a clear password, it doesn't work.

Because I am doing this on my local machine, I haven't set up my email service so I can't use the send email link to send password to myself.

Apart from installing another zencart, what else can I do now?

Thank you very much.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin access to store installed locally on Wamp server

The encrypted password can't be copied and pasted from the database, else it wouldn't really be encrypted.

If it's saying wrong user/password then ... you're entering the wrong user/password.

The user/password is either what you supplied during installation via zc_install, or if you've imported a database to replace the original one, then it's the password from the database/store that you're importing from.

Here's how to reset it completely to start over: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The encrypted password can't be copied and pasted from the database, else it wouldn't really be encrypted.

If it's saying wrong user/password then ... you're entering the wrong user/password.

The user/password is either what you supplied during installation via zc_install, or if you've imported a database to replace the original one, then it's the password from the database/store that you're importing from.

Here's how to reset it completely to start over: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2
    Thank you. The link works.

However, a little problem makes me more trouble:

The browser always changes Admin to admin in the user textbox, I end up fixing this by deleting the Admin and adding the admin user account.

I am not sure if this browser behavior is stored in cookie, but it seems no use even if I remove the cookies.

Anyone have a solution? Not a big deal but I want to know how to avoid this next time. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You have your browser configured to save "form" data. You will need to erase the stored form data to replace that entry. Or turn it off altogether for privacy.

In Firefox that setting is under the Privacy tab, under "History"- Firefox will: Remember history ..... change that to something else, or click the link to clear the history.
    Other browser do something similar.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.