Plugin Contributions

Default can I remove the local sales tax?

Hi guys,

I'm deploying a new ebook store in about 3 weeks...leisureebooks.com
    As part of this process, I need to collect sales tax in all the relevant US states.
    I'm lucky to have come across taxcloud to supply me with all the various tax rates...what a service they provide (there's even a module to integrate taxcloud with zen-cart).

My issue it as follows...I must abide by the rules supplied to me by Ingram Digital...and they in turn receive instruction from the agency publishers who distribute digital content through them. There are 7 of these agency publishers and most have rules that do not diverge from what taxcloud tells me by default...but 1 of them in particular has different rules in the taxability of digital products. Basically this publisher requests that I'm not to collect local tax rates for any state (i.e. I must only collect the state tax). I assume they will remit the correct tax amount at the end of the day (state + local) but I'm only to collect the state tax during checkout.

This is unfortunate because it complicated the whole process...but I must abide and find a solution.
    So, how do I go about this? Taxcloud are going to send my customer a tax rate during checkout...and lets assume its from a state that requires both state and local tax to be collected. How do I take that tax rate, remove the local tax part of it and use only the state tax amount to calculate the total at checkout?

Any advise would be great here.
    Many thanks,
    Richie.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can I remove the local sales tax?

Hello,
    does anyone have any ideas?
    If anyone knows of someone who could implement this function for a fee, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks,
    Richie.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can I remove the local sales tax?

Hi,

from talking to the taxcloud guy, it looks like I will need some customization work done. Does anyone know of a service/resource I can contact?

Thanks,
    Richie.