Hi zen-cart-ers! :)

I have a task to make new store for my company where I would like to use the last 139h zencart because of the templates I have and because 1.5 is still to young.

So I have to make it in Bulgarian but as it appears it's not so easy.

I'm following the guide for installing zencart with UTF-8 support but eventually I end up with some symbol problems.

Problems like "И" is "???" in categories to be more precise.
I don't install the Bulgarian language pack because I feel it won't do anything different. It's just translated files with UTF encoding. I need only the front end translated. I'm just converting both English files to UTF8.
- collation - utf8 general
- both files that need to be made - utf8 - 1.3.9 remember...
- both english files - converted to utf8 with lang bg, charset utf-8 and locale bg_BG.utf8
- installer_params.php - again utf8

The table is created in utf8_general_ci. Both front end and back end report as UTF8 and bg language in browser. Currently noticed problems only with 'И' symbol, still experimenting.

I'm running other store where the collation is cp1251 general, again using English language files (the front end is translated in Bulgarian by me) with UTF-8 conversion but have no problems. Tried mirroring it and running it but I have some problems and its 1.3.8 so I wish to do this the right way and know how to do it next time.

Could you help? :)