Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Database Connection Failure During Install

For the past 12 years I've been running a small non-profit that sells art and crafts created by prisoners (www.prisonart.org). I recently suffered a hardware failure and am now in the process rebuilding the site. This is a new install using Zen Cart 1.5 on a Windows Small Business Server 2011, which is located in my home.
    PHP 5.3.8 and MySQL 5.5.19 are installed and configured correctly. When I run the Zen Cart install setup feature, however, I get an error on the database connection page. Here are some of the error messages I receive (depending on the value I enter for the host server, database or user name):
    1. Connection to Database failed. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
    2. Connection to Database failed. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
    3. Connection to Database failed. Access denied for user 'Edward'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
    4. Database does not exist. Unknown database 'zencart'
    5. Connection to Database failed. php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known.
    I am totally stumped as to why I cannot connect to the database, which is running just fine. Any ideas?
    Ed

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Connection Failure During Install

I fixed this using the methods used at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=190604&page=3 on upgrading from 1.3x to 1.5x.

Plugin Contributions

Default WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again

I've just installed ZC 1.5 on a clean Windows Server. While I had some install issues, these were solved by information contained in another thread in this forum. As instructed by the install process I renamed my admin folder using the procedure for this version (did not modify any config files). When the install was done I accessed the store just fine. But when I tried to access the admin area I received the following error message from Firefox: "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." Internet Explorer gives me a different message which boils down to "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error." I was trying to access the admin area using a URL something like this: "http://www.mysite.com/new_admin_name".
    Needless to say, without access to the admin area there is not much I can do with the site. Any help would be appreciated.
    Ed
    Last edited by Quawk; 17 Jan 2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Wanted to put in site admin access URL.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After Clean Install Can't Access Admin Area

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again

I checked the log file and get the following message:
    [16-Jan-2012 15:42:47] PHP Fatal error: 1364:Field 'gzpost' doesn't have a default value :: insert into admin_activity_log (access_date, admin_id, page_accessed, page_parameters, ip_address) values (now(), '0', 'Log found to be empty. Logging started.', '', '192.168.16.2') in C:\PA-Store\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 101
    I can modify the gzpost parameters if I know where to locate the file containing that string. It was in the ZC_install folder under the sql directory in the file named mysql_zencart.sql. But now, per instructions, that the folder has been moved and I'm guessing that making the change there will not make any difference?

Plugin Contributions

Default no default value for 'gzpost' (can't access admin area)

When I try to access the admin area using a URL something like this: "http://www.mysite.com/new_admin_name". I received the "An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again" message. In examining the logs I find that "gzpost' doesn't have a default value". There are two files that contain references to gzpost:
    admin_activity.php located in C:\my_store\my_store_new_admin and
    init_admin_history.php located in C:\my-store\my_new_store_admin\includes\init_includes
    I need to know how to modify one or both of these files in order to provide it or them with a default value it seeks for gzpost?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: no default value for 'gzpost' (can't access admin area)

This seems to be an issue only affecting Windoze installations of MySQL.

You took off the default value of the gz_post field when you did your install. Use phpMyAdmin to add it back to that field, and the problem should go away.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Connection Failure During Install

Okay, Dr. Byte,
    In your last post you suggested I use phpMyAdmin to add the gz_post field that I removed during the install, and that by doing this I should be able to access the admin section of my site.
    I've found phpMyAdmin, downloaded it, and figured out how to install it. Now it is up an running but I have no clue as to how to add the gz_post field.
    I've checked the documentation, online wiki, etc. but nothing provided me with information on how to add the gz_post field. Any suggestions? I really do want to use version 1.5 of Zen Cart. This should be the last obstacle standing in my way.
    Last edited by Quawk; 19 Jan 2012 at 01:22 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default How to provide the field 'gzpost' with a default value?

When I try to access the admin page on this new Windows install I get a "An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again" message. With the help of Dr. Byte the issue has been narrowed down to giving the field gz_post a default value (a value that was removed during the install).
    Can someone tell me:
    1. The location or name of the file that needs the gz_post value, and
    2. what that default value is (NULL?).
    Thanks,
    Ed

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to provide the field 'gzpost' with a default value?

Moderator note: Once again your posts have been merged, to keep on topic. Please don't start multiple threads for the same issue.

To make a change in phpMyAdmin, log in to phpMyAdmin, open the admin activity log table, find the field you're concerned about, and set a default value of blank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast