Plugin Contributions

help question Puttng customers orders to pending to price up shipping.

Hi guys,

I have a quick question if I may..

We are currently in the process of building our wholesale site which is stating to take shape.

One addition we are looking for is when the customer places their order with us. We dont want them to be able to purchase it straight away.

We want the order to goto 'Pending' for us to look at. We want to then add the shipping cost to the order and put the status back to 'Live' at which point the customer would be able to login to their account and see that the 'Buy' button is now there.

Is this possible? Is there already a mod out that does this? Or is there anyone who can help us achivee this?

regards
    Mark.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Puttng customers orders to pending to price up shipping.

Zen Cart doesn't presently have any built-in feature to place an order and pay later by logging into their account.
    The checkout process is based on: add-to-cart, select shipping, select payment method, pay = order is placed.
    There's no "going backwards" in the process at the present time.

Depending on your payment service provider, you could do the more traditional method of "authorizing" the transaction instead of "capturing" it, and then adjust the final amount with your shipping charges before doing the final "capture" of the authorization originally done. Talk to your payment services provider for assistance with those concepts and whether they offer you the ability to do it and what limitations (amount and number of days to capture, etc) they impose.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Puttng customers orders to pending to price up shipping.

Hi DrByte,

Thank you for your reponse but I did manage to find a module that does pretty much what I'm after..

a great little tweak called 'Shipping by Quote 2.1' by Hayden Thring.

(available in the add-on modules)

It's great... It get to the point in the checkout where you select shipping and it requests the customer emails the contents of the basket to 'admin' for a shipping quote. Once the quote has been recieved back to the Customer, They can input it into the box and then continue with the checkout process..

It does of course rely on the fact that if you say £100 shipping, the customer doesnt just put in £10.

But I suppose if they were silly enough to continue with the checkout process then you just hold onto their monies and dont send the goods until the rest of the shipping is paid for.

All in all its a great little mod and will work well for us i hope!