Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Purchase Order Basic

An easy way to do that would be by customizing the code to emulate the check/moneyorder module's field that lets the admin indicate where to send the check. And stuff that value into the $this->email_footer variable.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There is a problem with the following code which shows error box if no order number is entered. It should read

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PO_TEXT_JS_PO_NUMBER', 'You must enter your Purchase Order number.');
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

Also i require the description text below to show on confirmation (step 3), all i am getting is the title text twice (purchase order)

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PURCHASEORDER_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'We Verify All Purchase Orders Prior to Shipment!.');

what is the correct code so this shows?

would it go here somewhere?

function confirmation() {

$confirmation = array('title' => $this->title,
    'fields' => array(array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PURCHASEORDER_TEXT_PURCHASEORDER_NUMBER,
    'field' => $_POST['po_number'])));

return $confirmation;
    Last edited by mattee77; 24 Jan 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mattee77 View Post
    There is a problem with the following code which shows error box if no order number is entered. It should read

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PO_TEXT_JS_PO_NUMBER', 'You must enter your Purchase Order number.');
    ?>
    No, quite the opposite. Don't change the language file. The module itself should refer to MODULE_PAYMENT_PURCHASEORDER_TEXT_JS_PURCHASEORDER_NUMBER instead of MODULE_PAYMENT_PO_TEXT_JS_PO_NUMBER on line 66

I already reported this to Mike, but he hasn't updated the addon yet.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mattee77 View Post
    Also i require the description text below to show on confirmation (step 3), all i am getting is the title text twice (purchase order)

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PURCHASEORDER_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'We Verify All Purchase Orders Prior to Shipment!.');

what is the correct code so this shows?
    Try this:
    Code:
        function confirmation() {
          $confirmation = array('title' => $this->title,
                                'fields' => array(array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PURCHASEORDER_TEXT_PURCHASEORDER_NUMBER,
                                                        'field' => $_POST['po_number']),
                                                  array('title' => '',
                                                        'field' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PURCHASEORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER)));

return $confirmation;
        }
    and
    Code:
        function before_process() {
          global $order;
          $order->info['payment_method'] .= ': ' . $_POST['po_number'];
          $this->email_footer = MODULE_PAYMENT_PURCHASEORDER_TEXT_PURCHASEORDER_NUMBER . " " . $_POST['po_number'] . "\n" . MODULE_PAYMENT_PURCHASEORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER;
        }

Plugin Contributions

Brilliant, thanks for that. I spent half the day trying to figure it out. It works perfecly now

Plugin Contributions

Does this module allow the client to select which customers will see that option? She understandably doesn't want all of her customers to know that is an option for certain customers.

Plugin Contributions

No this module does not do that. I have received a couple of requests for such and will look into making this option available. Right now there is no completion date proposed.
    My modules: Purchase Order Basic
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I thought about it, and as I have received a number of requests for this same addon, I have decided I will write the changes tonight and hopefully upload tonight or tomorrow.
    So stay tuned and this will be available shortly.

With this module my intent is to not have the end user modify any core files.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks
    Mike
    My modules: Purchase Order Basic
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Summary of what to change:

- in the install() section add a new settings field, for which customer groups should be allowed to use it
    - in the update_status() section check whether the current customer is in one of the allowed groups, and if not then set $this->enabled = false;

Then the storeowner can manually add the appropriate customers to the appropriate group. (The group should can be set to give 0% discount if needed.)
    And in the p/o module can specify that group-number as the allowed group.

Maybe consider a comma-separated list of multiple groups in the module's group field in case that's needed.
    ie: if (!in_array($customer_group, explode(',', DEFINED_CONSTANT_HERE))) $this->enabled = false;

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast