Plugin Contributions

Default The website encountered an error while retrieving index.php?main_page=

admin works fine, I believe I have the config file right.

The website encountered an error while retrieving http:// xxxxx.com/index.php?main_page=. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Last edited by Ajeh; 21 Jan 2012 at 01:19 AM.
    Buzz Reed
    desertpokersupplies.com
    Your Poker Supply Headquarters

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The website encountered an error while retrieving index.php?main_page=

Are both configs right for both admin and the online store front? I've seen cases where the /zc/admin/includes/configure.php was setup correctly but /zc/includes/configure.php was incorrect; I'd make sure you aren't in this scenario. Also, is this an HTTP 500 error by any chance? If so there may be permission issues on the folders or files for the storefront.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The website encountered an error while retrieving index.php?main_page=

that is what I thought and I made sure both were configured correctly. It must have been a server issue because I now can access the store main page although I am now having an issue getting it out of maintenance mode.
    Buzz Reed
    desertpokersupplies.com
    Your Poker Supply Headquarters

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Admin->Configuration->Website maintenance.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a similar issue, receiving the error:

Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.prodemon.co.uk/index.php?...create_account. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this web page later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request.
    Thing is my website is up and running and everything seems to be working except it will not allow registration (it even tells you if something is missed out on the registration check but if it's complete it just goes to the above error).

Although a fairly new site it has been up for about 7 / 8 weeks and I had tested registration on several occasions and do have several members since starting, I only spotted the error today (about once a week or so I check), so I tried repairing the database, i tried deleting and reinstalling a backup from a couple of days ago, I also tried deleting and reinstalling a backup from a week ago, but still the same!

problem is, that's the last backup I have as I have been backing up what was a working site.

I thought I may have been hacked or something as I haven't changed anything in the signup apart from customising the text for the newsletter, which I can't remember exactly when I changed it but I( believe I tested it afterwards, plus it was only a text change via english.php which I have tried changing back (but still the same).

So could this be a glitch with my hosting therfore meaning I have wasted an entire afternoon trying to fix something my end that wasn't broken?

wierd thing is, I haven't had a new member for about a fortnight, but that's not too unusual for a new site but it has got em worried I may have to start again!

Any advice gratefully received.

(I have put my site down for maintenance for now as there is nothing else I know to do other than what I have tried).
    Last edited by Newbie76; 11 Apr 2012 at 06:25 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I forgot to mention, this was a clean install of version 1.5.0 (I posted it here as it's a similar issue)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thatnks, I have now submitted a support ticket with my host.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie76 View Post
    Thatnks, I have now submitted a support ticket with my host.
    For anybody with the same problem check out this thread if you are using Super Orders plugin.

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...=1#post1178515