Plugin Contributions

Default After moving to a new server, admin are blank without any error info

I moved my website to a new server, the front end works well, but the admin page is blank without any error information, i tried many kinds of method, there is still not error log file available, i am really frustrated now, how can i get the error information?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After moving to a new server, admin are blank without any error info

How exactly did you "move to a new server"?
    Did you follow these instructions? https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100
    Which steps did you miss?

Did it work correctly with the basic install *before* you imported your old data? Or did you test that?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After moving to a new server, admin are blank without any error info

I exported and restored the database, and moved files to new server, and changed two configure.php files. it works well on front end. in order to test I built a new folder, and then built a text file, and I could visit it through URL, but in the existed folder, after building a text file, when I try to visit it through URL, it responded me a Error 403 or blank page without any error information, I tried many folders, all was like that, and then I set the permission to 777, 755 and 644, all was as before, looks it is strange, now I don't know how to debug

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A fresh install of Zen Cart does not give a 403 error or a blank page, unless you're missing files from the upload or your server's configuration is incompatible with the included .htaccess directives intended to prevent abuse by hackers.

A 403-Forbidden response means that your server is blocking access. That could be caused by a permissions problem on the files, or a domain configuration problem blocking PHP scripts, or a myriad of other things. Your hosting company will be best equipped to explain what exactly is causing the 403 response based on their server configuration.

You did say it works fine on the old server, right? And on the new server a new install doesn't even work? That's a server config issue or a missing files issue. So, talk to your host's tech support.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much, DrByte

I fixed , at configure.php define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/srv/www/domain.com/public_html/'); I forgot to add the last /, and after added it, works well

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Next time I suggest you follow the tutorial I mentioned so that you don't have the same problem.