Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Renaming the more information box

I'd like to rename the More Information Box and change the items that are displaying in that right now.

I'm new to zencart and can't seem to find instructions anywhere on how to do this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Renaming the more information box

includes/languages/english.php

around line 147

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keneso View Post
    includes/languages/english.php

around line 147
    thanks you I was able to find that and did make the change but
    I cannot my get links to work in this code.

for instance I un-comment this line:

// $more_information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . 'TESTING' . '</a>';

and then I try to insert my own link that point off site such as :

$more_information = "<a href='www.test.com'>this is a test</a>";

and zencart will not even process the code. why does zencart have the single and double quotes reserved and why will it not accept standard php coding in terms of single and double quotes and finally why does it substitute the url of my website as soon as it sees href in this string above. I need to be able to link to a url offsite in the more information block

I actually need to insert something a lot more advanced along these lines to open up a popup window to display some content.

<a href="#" onclick="javascript:window.open('http://www.mysite.com/forums/rules.html', '_blank', 'top=100, left=100, height=740, width=780, status=no, menubar=no, resizable=yes, scrollbars=yes, toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no');"> <B>Click Here</b></a>

Nut I can't even get started down that path until I can stop zencart from monkeying with the href and handling " and ' quotes backwards.

thanks in advance.

<?php
    /**
    * more_information sidebox - displays list of links to additional pages on the site. Must separately build those pages' content.
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: more_information.php 3464 2006-04-19 00:07:26Z ajeh $
    * BetterCategoriesEzInfo v1.3.5 added 2006-09-19 gilby
    */

$pointer = zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'bc_moreinfo.gif');
    // uncomment next line to add 1 space between image & text
    // $pointer .= '&nbsp;';

// test if box should display

unset($more_information);

// test if links should display
    if (DEFINE_PAGE_2_STATUS <= 1) {
    $more_information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_2) . '">' . $pointer . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_2 . '</a>';
    }
    if (DEFINE_PAGE_3_STATUS <= 1) {
    $more_information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_3) . '">' . $pointer . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_3 . '</a>';
    }
    if (DEFINE_PAGE_4_STATUS <= 1) {
    $more_information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PAGE_4) . '">' . $pointer . BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_4 . '</a>';
    }

// insert additional links below to add to the more_information box
    // Example:
    $more_information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . 'TESTING' . '</a>';

// only show if links are active
    if (sizeof($more_information) > 0) {
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_more_information.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'sideboxes'). '/tpl_more_information.php');

$title = BOX_HEADING_MORE_INFORMATION;
    $title_link = false;
    require($template->get_template_dir($column_box_default, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common') . '/' . $column_box_default);
    }
    ?>
    Last edited by jjj0923; 22 Jan 2012 at 09:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

You are going about this the wrong way... You can't hack in any old html, and expect it to work. Besides, quote marks should be "escaped" in PHP... (so when you say: "why does zencart have the single and double quotes reserved", you indicate scant knowledge of PHP protocols.

Popups work very differently from the way you are trying to do them. Look at other embedded popup functions (such as the HELP popup in the shopping cart) and then have a go at mimicking that process.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    You are going about this the wrong way... You can't hack in any old html, and expect it to work. Besides, quote marks should be "escaped" in PHP... (so when you say: "why does zencart have the single and double quotes reserved", you indicate scant knowledge of PHP protocols.

Popups work very differently from the way you are trying to do them. Look at other embedded popup functions (such as the HELP popup in the shopping cart) and then have a go at mimicking that process.
    really? - then why doesn't Zencart escape quotes in their code... it would appear that their programmers have displayed scant knowledge of PHP protocols by your standards - tisk tisk.

buy hey - thanks for the pointer in spite you of your insulting demeanor...

and by the way my popup code works great in Vbulletin and other products I use and on dozens of websites... :)
    Last edited by jjj0923; 22 Jan 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post

by the way : I have looked at the embedded pop-ups - they're coded just like mine.

go figure...

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Default cloning more information box

I need to make a clone of the more information box so that I can put links in the box to offsite urls.

has anyone done this? I'd want to give it a new heading and I'm willing to pay to have it done. I need it immediately.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Account - how do I get it to appear in Information Box?

I have activated the My Account EZ Page and said it appears in the sidebox and want it to appear inside the Information Block but can't figure out how to get it to appear there.

any help would truly be appreciated.

thanks in advance.
    You can added like this

<div class="ezPagesInformation" id="ezpage-info-box"><a href="<?php echo zen_ez_pages_link(2) ?>" >FAQ</a></div>
    The classes are to control the alignment, as in my case it needed some tweaking

Put it in the includes/modules/sideboxex/CUSTOM/information.php
    I added the link at the end of the page after this line

PHP Code:
    <?php
    // bunch of code before this line

require($template->get_template_dir($column_box_defaultDIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common') . '/' $column_box_default);

//my added ez links
    ?>
    <div class="ezPagesInformation" id="ezpage-info-box"><a href="<?php echo zen_ez_pages_link(2?>" >FAQ</a></div>
    <?php

// END my added ez links
    ?>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast