Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Addon Domain - 1146 Table 'database .configuration' doesn't exist

Hi I'm using 1.3.9d. I have studied all of the threads on this but my problem is slightly different. I want to create a copy of my primary domain in an addon domain so I have created an addon domain (this is redirected to my primary domain for now) and completed a clean install of 1.3.9d and followed the installation notes. I have now copied my primary domain folders and files over checked and rechecked the modified configuration.php files. I can get into admin ok with the addon domain and everything is there from my primary domain but when I try to go into the site as a user www.mywebsite.ca/index.php I get the 1146 table error - 1146 Table 'dbname.configuration' doesn't exist in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Addon Domain - 1146 Table 'database .configuration' doesn't exist

Instead of copying your existing site first, you should FIRST install a fresh new copy of Zen Cart in the new domain, and get THAT working FIRST.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes that's what I did. Everything worked before I copied my other site files and database over.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you copied the files over, did you mistakenly overwrite the new configure.php files that were built by the fresh install?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No, I renamed both config files before copying the other system over then put the new config files back. When I look at the new config files they seem to have all of the correct information.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You said the error message is: "Table 'dbname.configuration' doesn't exist"

Does "dbname" match what your DB_DATABASE setting is in your configure.php file?
    Does DB_PREFIX match the DB_PREFIX from your previous install? (note step 2(a) in the article I linked to earlier)

Plugin Contributions

Yes it shows the correct database name. For example my database name from my other site is _zc1 and the new one that I created for the new site is _zc2 and that is what is in the config file. The user name is different in the new config than the old one but when I created the database (_zc2) I set up the new username.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And the DB_PREFIX?

Plugin Contributions

Yes I set the DB_Prefix the same as the site that I copied over.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So what is DB_PREFIX set to?

And since Zen Cart uses DB_PREFIX when making its queries, and automatically inserts that prefix before the table name, why is Zen Cart looking for "configuration" instead of "yourprefix_configuration"?
    That tells me that the /includes/configure.php file does NOT include your prefix.

Remember, the configure.php files are marked as read-only, and in that state any upload or edit you attempt will fail. Must make it writable before you can save changes to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast