Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Discount coupon product restriction

I have created a coupon discount and want to assign it to a single product. However, when I click on restrictions, it says that I have no products (Displaying 0 to 0 (of 0 products)). Why is this happening. I have many product offerings that are fully functional and that have been purchased by many clients. Could you help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount coupon product restriction

When you make the Discount Coupon then go to the Restrictions ... what happens when you select from the Product Section the Category that the Product is in that you want to set on this Discount Coupon?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Similar problem here: I've got products assigned to mulitple categories and coupons with product category restrictions.

It seems that the coupon will not work unless the first category assigned (as listed in tables products_to_categories) is allowed in the coupon. If the product category allowed by the coupon is listed 2nd or later, then the coupon will not apply.

I think the first one is considered the 'master category.' Any ideas?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

The master_categories_id is actually assigned to the Product itself ...

You can see this on the Product page in your Admin ...

If you need to include a Product not using the master_categories_id that matches a Category ... you can add the individual Product to the Discount Coupon ...

Setup the Discount Coupon as:
    Category Top DENY

Then add your Categories and/or Products to the coupon ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Linda.

This is too many products to do individually. The coupon that my customer wants applies to the entire category of items. Several hundred items.

I did the Category Top DENY, then added Category B allow. A product that is assigned to both Category A and Category B should be but will not be discounted by the coupon. A product assigned to both Category B and Category C will be discounted (as it should be).

Does this seem right? Is that the way the coupon category restrictions are intended to work?

Is there a way to make it look at all the categories of the item and not just the first one in the list?

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried to use the setting in the Restrictions for Products where you pick the Category ... then pick the setting for:
    Add All Category Products

This will pick all Products that are part of the Category via master_categories_id or just Linked to it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I see that option now. Thanks.

That does work. It's not the first choice, since each time we add products to the site (monthly), we'll have to re-run this process, whereas if the multiple-categories option was available, any new part within the ALLOWed category would be automatically subject to the discount, which is desired in this case.

But, a solution is a solution and I thank you, Linda, for quick, effective guidance.

This always reminds me that its time to buy the team more coffee and donuts.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update that this worked for you and thanks for the support ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I am using this thread because it seems adeguate to me.
    My problem is that if a product allowed for a coupon is in the cart, then any product put in the cart will get the same discount assigned to the coupon.
    I have set the coupon to be denied for each category in the upper part of the form (red-green) and in the lower part only the two products allowed are listed as allow (green-red). When I say "each category" I mean that all the categories are listed. I used the top category as deny but did not work, so I listed all the categories but same result.
    I do not know if this is normal but it seems it should not work in this way.
    If a non allowed product, or many non allowed are in the cart then the coupon is not usable which is correct obviously.
    Please let me know if I am right saying that there is somethign wrong, and what should I do to fix it.
    Ciao from Italy
    Thanks
    Enzo
    Last edited by enzo-ita; 4 Nov 2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: mistyping

Plugin Contributions

You should just need to mark the restrictions as Top DENY and the two Products that you are allowing as ALLOW ...

What are your settings on the Discount Coupon itself?
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast