Plugin Contributions

Default Question on Address Book Entries for Wholesale Account

I have a webstore that sells direct to the customer and now I am also attempting to move our resellers to place their order through the store as well. We dropship product for some. For every dropship they would be filling out a different shipping address which creates a new entry in the address book which appears to be limited. Is there a way that during checkout when you click CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS that you can disable the cart from automatically adding that address to your address book? It would be nice if the customers could only add entries to their address book in their account settings and during checkout it just temporarily used the new shipping address to complete the order but did not save it. Any ideas? I appreciate any help in advance.

-Dion

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question on Address Book Entries for Wholesale Account

They (your resellers) have to enter the shipping address. How does storing it cause any problems? If they ever ship to that customer again, and hopefully they do, it will save them the trouble of re-entering it.

I have a customer with a site for resellers and we just increased the number of allowed address book entries and all have work fine.

Plugin Contributions

I thought I read there was a 500 address limit. If thats true that would mean once a year I would have to purge their account so that they could continue business. I can do that via PHPMYADMIN but again its additional steps and if I don't keep an eye on it then when the reseller met the limit their order would not be able to be placed and that would be embarrasing and unprofessional. If there is no limit then thats fine as long as 500+ addresses doesn't slow down their checkout process when it tries to bring up the address list.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not aware of a set limit. There is a setting at Admin>Maximum Values>Address Book Entries

My client has it set at 999 currently.