Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default L'il help in figuring out why db won't upgrade?

I had originally wanted to upgrade to 1.5 BUT because of the lack of customization for the Canada Post module, I have had to revert to sticking with my current site: ver. 1.3.9h Okay fine.

I am working remote, so, please ignore the existing live site. I am not working from it and have no intention of actually using much of anything from it other than the db which I might add holds nearly 8 years of data I do not wish to lose.

So here's the thing. I have done a clean install of 1.3.9h, added on the modules I want and in order to test my data imported my db.

And it works great... except...

Ooops... now it says my db needs patching to a higher level.

BUT it will NOT allow the ZC_install to run as when I call it site/zc_install it doesn't install, it simply goes to the home page (you have successfully installed bla bla) with the lovely (most annoying at this point) red banner warning that my DB needs to be patched to a higher level.

Ideas???

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: L'il help in figuring out why db won't upgrade?

That "annoying red banner" is there because you've imported old data into the system, and it needs upgrading.

So, you need to upload the zc_install folder for the version you're upgrading to, and then put zc_install/index.php in your browser address bar, and choose the Database Upgrade setting when it's offered.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That "annoying red banner" is there because you've imported old data into the system, and it needs upgrading.

So, you need to upload the zc_install folder for the version you're upgrading to, and then put zc_install/index.php in your browser address bar, and choose the Database Upgrade setting when it's offered.
    I do appreciate the help, and as much as I would like for that to work...

I have already reinstalled the zc_install and I have typed the siteaddress/zc_install command into the address bar BUT it goes to the home page without going into the zc_install process. Same warning about the DB.

Typing zc_install/index.php gives me a 404 error.

As I said I am working locally. Although that shouldn't make a difference should it?

Got another option?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

404 = not found
    So, you need to determine why it's telling you that the zc_install folder and its index.php file are "not found". Sounds like it's either not there, or isn't in the folder you're telling it to look in.

This is a test site, right? so, why are you going to site.com/zc-install instaed of site.com/yourtestarea/zc-install ... etc etc etc.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    404 = not found
    So, you need to determine why it's telling you that the zc_install folder and its index.php file are "not found". Sounds like it's either not there, or isn't in the folder you're telling it to look in.

This is a test site, right? so, why are you going to site.com/zc-install instaed of site.com/yourtestarea/zc-install ... etc etc etc.
    The file is there AND it is in the folder I am telling it to look in.

I am going to this address exactly: http://127.0.0.1:8888/zc_install which should take me to the upgrade process. It doesn't it takes me to the home page. I don't even get an error message.

IF I type in http://127.0.0.1:8888/zc_install/index.php I get the 404 error.

The site is right where it's supposed to be if I type in http://127.0.0.1:8888 with the red banner that my db requires patching intact.

If it helps, while zc_install is not renamed to english zc_install I get the additional red warning header: Warning: Installation directory exists at: C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-5.3.8.1\www\zc_install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.

I'm pretty positive I'm doing this right and do not for the life of me understand WHY the zc_install doesn't launch.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I can tell you exactly why the zc_install doesn't launch. It's telling you 404 Not Found. That's why.

The real question you need to find an answer to is ... why is YOUR server not seeing the file that you allege is there?

And what on earth do you mean by "while zc_install is not renamed to english zc_install"? What does "renamed to english" have anything to do with zc_install?