Plugin Contributions

Default Customer being given wrong country's shipping options

HI all
    In the process of upgrading to 1.5, but in the meantime my existing shop is still running and I have had this problem occur - basically, a customer from the USA has logged in, added an item to the shopping cart but when he tries to checkout, the cart not only displays the shipping options as if for the UK rather than USA, it also doesn't allow him to select any of the shipping options at all, and whenever he tries to press continue, it refreshes the page and asks him to choose a shipping (which he can't do)

I've tried creating a new customer account with the same address details etc in case it was something at his end, but encountered the same problem - wrong country shipping options, can't select any of them, etc. His address details are definitely correct, US not UK, etc in the customer records.

I have a few mods for Facebook etc but since other customers from the USA seem to be able to order without any problems, I am unconvinced that the FB mods are the problem (I had suspected that they were somehow overlaying the customer's address with the ones for my store thanks o the FB autograph code, but I have deleted it from the template files and it made no difference.)

I have tried clearing caches, etc, all the obvious stuff, but to no avail. Hoping that once I get 1.5 up and running this problem won't re-occur but if anyone has any ideas that could point me to a solution it would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Andy Foster

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer being given wrong country's shipping options

Please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section on that page. Be sure to also include exactly which shipping modules are enabled and why. And all their configuration settings.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer being given wrong country's shipping options

It's OK, I've worked it out - it turned out that one item had been mistakenly listed as 36kgs in weight instead of 0.036kgs - so it was too heavy for the maximum weight allowed by the cart and thus shipping options weren't being shown.