Plugin Contributions

Default Which PHP Files For Shipping Addresses?

Morning All :)

Right I am trying to locate the PHP files that contain the FORM code for the shipping address and also the alternative shipping address, could some kind soul provide me with the paths to these please?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Which PHP Files For Shipping Addresses?

Silly question ... What do you need to change?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hello

Thanks for the reply, I want to add and tweak the fax number field into a shipping telephone number field, it is a condition with our courier company that we supply telephone numbers for recipients, not to much of a hassle if a customer is sending to their own address however we have a number of customers that buy our offerings as gifts and send them direct to the gift recipient so I need to be able to take a telephone number for the person who is to receive the gift. There is an add on that some have tried to use however it is less than elegant and seems to need a lot of "maintenance" to get to work properly in 1.5.
    If I can access the form code I can add the field in and place it within the form where I need it, I realise I may have a little tweaking to do but my thinking is as the fax number field is already present within the code as an option it should be less work to alter this into what I need rather than trying to create my own add on from scratch.
    The cart is only being used in a test environment at the moment so it is the perfect time to experiment before I make the final move sometime over the weekend :)

Thanks

Chris

Plugin Contributions

If you don't need the fax field, just change the text associated with it (in language files) and use it for the shipping address phone number.

You can find the file yourself by pasting the text from the input label into Tools > Developers Toolkit (top box) and searching.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, thanks for taking the time to reply :)

The problem is that the fax number field only shows on customer registration, I need to actually add the amended field to the alternative shipping address form. The changing of the text seems quite straight forward I am just struggling finding the actual form code so I can add the field, I will then need to assign it within the PHP file that handles the alternative address so it sends it to the database (I think)

It would be a hell of a lot easier if the fax field already showed up but sadly unless it is a new registration it does not As said the cart is in a test environment at the moment so no fears about breaking it, I have found the relevant PHP files but cannot locate the raw form code anywhere.

The developers kit seems excellent, a really excellent feature however even this cannot locate the raw code for the form, I may be looking at this from the wrong angle, this seems the most common sense way of solving it.

I do however hope the developers include this quite simple feature in a future update, as said here in the UK it is becoming the "norm" for courier companies to require a telephone number for a delivery recipient........................................

Plugin Contributions

I think the form code is found in includes/modules/create_account.php.

Plugin Contributions

The developers kit seems excellent, a really excellent feature however even this cannot locate the raw code for the form,
    That is probably because you are searching for completed bits of form code, while the PHP files often build HTML output one word or tag at a time, with PHP in between to decide what to include next for that particular page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RescoCCC View Post
    I think the form code is found in includes/modules/create_account.php.
    Hello, thanks for taking the time to reply, some of the PHP code is here but I cannot see anything that relates to the form code itself.

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    That is probably because you are searching for completed bits of form code, while the PHP files often build HTML output one word or tag at a time, with PHP in between to decide what to include next for that particular page.
    Hello, thanks for replying, I am still quite new to this coding stuff I have a little understanding enough to tinker, so the PHP generates the HTML for the forms? Hence why I cannot find it :) If so that sounds like something that might be a bit above my head at the moment...........

I may however have come up with a simpler alternative, I have just been looking at the form on the alternative shipping address page and the Company Name field does not need to be there, all our business to business customers deal direct with us via phone so this field really is not required, maybe could change this to be a shipping contact telephone number field??

The only concern I have is would it then show up in the address for the invoice etc? Is there any easy way I could stop it from showing?

Thanks for all your input guys, if I can figure this out then I can migrate to a live environment this weekend, I am currently using OSCommerce and not happy with it at all so the sooner I can switch to Zen the better!

Thanks again

Chris