Plugin Contributions

Default Moving hosts, now cannot login to admin or add to cart

I am moving my 1.3.7.1 cart from a host to a new server that I am running another ZC install on.

I can view the catalog fine, but I seem to be unable to initiate any sessions. The admin log in page takes my user name and password, but just gives back a blank login page when I enter them.

Similarly, when I add an item to a cart I get sent to the Shopping Cart page where there is a message "This Sopping Cart is Empty".

I am not using SSL, so it is not a certificate issue.

I tried changing the define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); from 'db' to '', but it didn't make any difference.

The directory structures are the same between the first and second servers, so nothing seems to be wrong in the config files. I have verified that the paths for everything are correct (both manually and by running the zc_install script).

There are no custom .htaccess files, SEO or other tricks going on that could be mucking things up.

I ran the fix_cache_key.php thing but that didn't help.

I rebooted computer, cleared cookies and cache, rebooted router etc.

A very similar set of config files has been working fine for the other zencart install that I already had on the destination server, so I don't think it's an obscure server settings issue.

Any ideas for what else to check? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving hosts, now cannot login to admin or add to cart

Quote Originally Posted by ts232 View Post
    but just gives back a blank login page when I enter them.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    Similarly, when I add an item to a cart I get sent to the Shopping Cart page where there is a message "This Sopping Cart is Empty".
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=281
    The directory structures are the same between the first and second servers, so nothing seems to be wrong in the config files. I have verified that the paths for everything are correct (both manually and by running the zc_install script).
    Okay, but did you actually TEST a clean install of Zen Cart in that same spot BEFORE you muddied it with your customized files and your database content?

ie: the instructions for moving to another server are here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100
    If you didn't at least do a fresh install and test it BEFORE you put all your stuff from your other server into it, you leave yourself with a LOT of unknowns, and make it very hard for others to help narrow down the cause of your problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Following your suggestion I have now put in a fresh install of 1.5.0 and upgraded my old DB from 1.3.7.1. Copied the template files over from the old install and after 15 minutes of tweaking everything seems to be in order.

I don't remember previous upgrades being so painless. Congrats to the zen-cart team on 1.5.0.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Thanks for reporting back. Best wishes with your store.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.