Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Remove Product listing Product Description, and replace with stock info

Hi

If you look at this product listing:
    pcselect.co.za/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_354

...you will see that there is a product image, product name, product quantity, and price column. Under each product name there is a 100 character product description. What I want to do is remove that 100 character product description and replace it with the product quantity.

This is how I would like it to look:

All help is appreciated

Thank you
    S

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Product listing Product Description, and replace with stock info

Start by setting Admin - Configuration - Product Listing - Display Product Quantity to 0.

We'll have to see what happens to the quantity after that.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Product listing Product Description, and replace with stock info

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Start by setting Admin - Configuration - Product Listing - Display Product Quantity to 0.

We'll have to see what happens to the quantity after that.
    Alright, done.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Steve

Just wondering if you've had time to look at this?

If it is too complicated to explain, or if it would be better if I got a freelancer to do it, please let me know.

Thanks for the help
    S

Plugin Contributions

I'm still seeing a partial product description and no quantity field. Do you have everything set properly in Admin - Configuration - Product Listing ?

Plugin Contributions

Oh, I think you made a typo in your 1st post. You asked me set the Product Quantity to 0.

I have now set Product Description to 0.

It has just removed the description, the Quantity is in the same place. (By the way, quantity's value in product listing is set to 3)

Thanks for the help

Plugin Contributions

That was a typo - sorry. You'll need to do some coding to move the quantity inside the same div as the item name. Check post #50 here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100003

for Glenn's mod which may offer some help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    That was a typo - sorry. You'll need to do some coding to move the quantity inside the same div as the item name. Check post #50 here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100003

for Glenn's mod which may offer some help.
    Thanks for the link, but his SQL patch gives the following erro when I upload it:

1062 Duplicate entry 'PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE' for key 'unq_config_key_zen'
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Product Listing - Layout Style', 'PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE', 'rows', 'Select the layout style:
    Each product can be listed in its own row (rows option) or products can be listed in multiple columns per row (columns option)', '8', '40', NULL, now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array("rows", "columns"),');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks again
    S

Plugin Contributions

*bump*

If this is going to require a freelancer, please say so.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Are you using v1.5.0? The SQL patch (which is identical to the Column Layout Grid SQL patch) is the same as it has been for several versions, and it is possible that it may need to be changed for v1.5.0; I would have to look at it in detail to find out. (If Column Grid is confirmed as v1.5.0 compatible, then Flexible Product Listing should be too.)

The actual issue here is that you had apparently installed Column Grid before, and the SQL was trying to repeat the db modification and failing as should be expected. The FPL readme notes that the SQL should not be rerun.

Do you now have the settings available in admin?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast