Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Is there a Square / SquareUp payment module?

I've been setting up my website - revamping it from a standard HostGator one. I want more options than just Paypal (even if they can use a credit card through Paypal...maybe still avoid it).

So in looking at my options - I'm wondering if there's a way to get the payment information and process it using the SquareUp Device that I use for purchases that occur in person?

I've read a few things - but I'm not sure if there's an updated app/program that is approved to do this. I know the SquareUp company is okay with processing cards this way - I've checked on it. So I'm just wondering what that process would be to set that up.

Or are there other CC processors out there that you can recommend that doesn't charge a monthly fee? Since we don't have much activity so far online (mostly in person) I don't want to be paying for something that's not being used.

Thanks for any advice or help you can offer.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Square Device for Payment Processing?

I would also like to know about the possibility of using square as a credit card processor for a zencart site. I currently use a online merchant account and I know that is the safest way to go but lately the lack of sales and the monthly fees and extra fees they seem to always tack on have me looking for a less expensive option.

It seems like that recently the zencart method of capturing CC information for offline processing is no longer up to par with the PCI guidelins. If that is the case is there any mod or way of collecting CC information for offline processing that is PCI accepted?

I appreciate anyones thoughts on this :-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Square Device for Payment Processing?

Just in case others are interested, the one way I found that you could collect cc info securely and process offline using something like square up would be to use a company like e-path .com .au. For a flat yearly fee they will collect the information for you securely and then you can process it offline. Does not help me as the yearly fee is a little more than what I pay for my current credit card merchant that uses authorize.net. So I will be staying with them for now and using the square up mobile processing for just that: "mobile processing" when I have a physical retail booth at an event.

Plugin Contributions

Default How to integrate SQUARE payment system?

Zencart Version: 1.50
    PHP Version: 5.3.4
    Operating System: Mac Snow Leopard Server

I currently use SQUARE for my business. It allows me to take a payment directly from client (card swipe) or type in card number by hand. Is there any modules or updates to Zen Cart that would allow the SQUARE setup and use? Pay Pal is $30/month. Just looking at my options for my store.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to integrate SQUARE payment system in zen-cart

The best way would be to see if they have an API system that a module could connect to.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to integrate SQUARE payment system?

Square does not have an API yet.

https://help.squareup.com/customer/p...yments-online-

It's not designed for consumer-not-present situations such as ecommerce.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to integrate SQUARE payment system?

Kim & swguy,

Thanks for clarifying this.

Chad2012

Plugin Contributions

Default Square

Has anyone tried or used square? I am very interested in getting it hooked up to my cart. I doubt it will be something I will need help with. I am looking for someone that can install it for me. I'm tired of a credit card billing service charging $600.00 in just fees every month.

The Website: https://squareup.com/?sro=1

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square

According to square's website, they don't currently offer an API for ecommerce websites.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square

<p>
    Just my luck. We are going to be using it in our shop, but I guess I&#39;ll have to stay with the crooks I have now for processing cards. Thanks...</p>

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast