Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square

Since Square now has an API has anyone touched on getting this integrated ???
    https://connect.squareup.com/docs/api

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square

Unfortunately, the Square Connect API is not yet ready for prime time.

http://tinyurl.com/lm5sb92

Plugin Contributions

Default "SquareUp" Payment Method???

I am looking for a Payment Module that will connect into "SquareUp" credit card system. We are using the system through our cell phone at craft shows and would be a great plug-in as a payment module for my Total Zenned Cart.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "SquareUp" Payment Method???

You might want to talk to Squareup about that....Here is the quote from their site "We don't currently offer an API for e-commerce solutions, but if we do in the future, we’ll be sure to announce it."
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "SquareUp" Payment Method???

I corresponded about them working with eCommerce back in In August 2014 - they said "We are working on an online cart, and it should be available to the public in about one month."
    oh well

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Payment Module for Square Up Processing

Does anyone know if there is an Add On Module for Square Up to process payments? If so, would you please point me in that direction?

IF not, is there anyone of you wonderful developers that are interested in creating a module?

Thanks much in advance.

Kindest Regards,
    Susan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Module for Square Up Processing

Sorry to say, but.... Ecommerce Addons are not currently supported or allowed by Square

===========================
    Additional API Uses

We don't currently offer an API for e-commerce solutions, but if we do in the future, we’ll be sure to announce it.

As a Square merchant you can sell items from your free online store. At this time you will not be able to use Square to accept payments online through any other third-party website, and you will not be able to integrate Square with any other systems.
    In order to process payments with Square, you'll need to download Square Register to a compatible mobile device running Apple iOS or Android. Learn more about supported mobile devices.
    Learn more about which activities can be done on your mobile device versus your online account.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

None that I'm aware of. It appears that Square Up wants you to use their shopping cart service.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

Thanks for the information. I also contacted Square and the agent told me they would consider partnering up with Zen Cart if enough people requested.

The follow is part of the email that I received from them:

"While Square doesn’t provide a shared API or payment gateway for processing payments, we do have a few options that may be of interest to you.

With our partners – Weebly and Bigcommerce – you’re able to seamlessly integrate online payments with your Square Register account and process orders directly from your partner-hosted E-Commerce website. Learn more about integrating your Square account with Weebly or Bigcommerce."

So if Square will do it with Weebly and Bigcommerce, if there are enough requests for them to work with Zen Cart, maybe one day.

Anyone who is tired of PayPal, wants another payment option, or what ever reason, please contact Square and request they tie in with Zen Cart...

Regards,
    Last edited by Eagle5; 9 Apr 2015 at 11:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I use Square in addition to PayPal. I accept cards manually using the CEON manual card add-on, there are alot of extra SSL certs and stuff that you need to purchase to make sure things are secure but it works for me. I accept the orders manually process the payment via square by punching in the credit card info manually which incurs 3.5% + 15¢ instead of the customary 2.75% and you can add it as a surcharge to your customers when they use a major credit card, but it's still a nominal cost when you can't surcharge debit cards. Seems like a lot of work because I then update the customer's order and send them the square receipt number Example: $14.79 payment processed - Square Payment #A6BulXpgJ2CcCuDa6jN6wsMP. Then I delete the card information inside Zen Cart once it is processed through Square.

I for one am sick of the prices PayPal charges, but for what it is worth, I find that customers will mostly choose PayPal versus the other payment modules. Even when I was paying an obscene amount for FirstData/Linkpoint or Authorizenet merchant account, I found I was wasting money because they still chose PayPal. But I will also put in a request a Square for an API for Zen Cart. Maybe they will get the big picture.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast