Thread: Security Token

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Security Token

My site has an html/php front end which connects to zen cart to do the shopping cart stuff.
    I have products on my site where when someone clicks "add to cart" it connects them to zencart's add to cart form. This was working for the last few years unitl I now upgraded to 1.5 - it seems to be because there is something extra that is getting passed into the form now. This is the "security token" field.

How do I pass this field as well from my form so that I can continue to submit the way that I have been submitting.

Thanks,

Leora

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Security Token

Any links in your site which point to the Zen Cart section of your site should direct the customer to the product page or the product-listing page, so that the customer can click Add To Cart from the Zen Cart page, where the security token is properly generated and included in the form.
    Anything else will prevent normal operation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for getting back to me - for various reasons, I can't make the product pages zencart pages - only once you click on "add to cart" can I use the zen cart pages.

How does zencart generate this security key - can I just mimic the code on my side before I pass it over?

Thanks,
    Leora

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Let me rephrase: make your add-to-cart buttons that exist outside ZC be links to the ZC product page, where the ZC add-to-cart button will be properly shown with all its requirements.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

But then the person will have to click add to cart twice - correct? Is there not another way to add the security token to my pages?

Thanks,
    Leora

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Depends whether you change your non-ZC button to read something other than "add to cart".

The security token is tied to the active Zen Cart session. And, since your non-Zen Cart code isn't running Zen Cart and has no Zen Cart session active, you have no ability to insert a security token into your forms.
    Zen Cart was designed to BE your product catalog, not be merely a payment collector.

What exactly is it that you're doing that has caused you to relegate ZC to merely a back end payment processing engine?
    A link to your site would add some meaningful context to this discussion.

Plugin Contributions

My site is www.shalach-manos.com - for now, I went back to the previous version.
    The problem is that I created this site years ago and the business runs on SEO.

So to change all the product pages (and therefore url and so on..) would not be a good idea for me at the moment.
    Also, when someone purchases a basket - I need the contact info for the person recieving the basket (and some people purchase multiple baskets thus with different recipients per basket) so I custom programmed it to go to a page to take all the info. The way that I did it is neater than being in zencart. If you add a product to cart, you will see what I mean.

Thanks for all your help.

Leora

Plugin Contributions

The site is not loading for me.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry the server was down for a bit, back up now.

Thanks, Leora

Plugin Contributions

I know this is an old post, but just in case there's someone trying to do this, here's a quick workaround.

Open up includes/init_includes/init_sanitize.php and add a new conditional if statement to bypass the security restriction for the actions you need. For example, this will allow you to add items to the cart without a securityToken present:

PHP Code:
    // Line 30: Add if statement around zen_redirect() function call
    if(!(

$_GET['action'] == 'add_product' 

&& isset($_POST['cart_quantity']) 
        && !empty(
    $_POST['products_id'])
    )) {

zen_redirect zen_href_link FILENAME_TIME_OUT''$request_type ) );

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast