Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Category links not going to the right page...

I'm scratching my head over this one...

I uploaded my site finally to a sandbox on the live server so I can finalize the site.

It's here: https://www.peppermaster.com/peppermaster-shop/

My problem currently is that when I click on any of the products, it doesn't go to my peppermaster.com/peppermaster-shop products but rather to the peppermaster.com categories.

Every other tab goes to /peppermaster-shop

What am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category links not going to the right page...

It would be the reverse of this, but I would suggest putting (leaving) your store in the root of your site.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=122

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    It would be the reverse of this, but I would suggest putting (leaving) your store in the root of your site.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=122
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, that's not where the problem lies. All of the targets are, as far as I can tell, correct. I would think that if there were errors there, it would not ONLY be the product listing that bounces to the live site. There must be an address somewhere that I'm not finding.

As for the site not being in my root... It was my original intention to put the shop in the root, but I didn't know the answer to the question: Where would you suggest we put the live site while you work on this upgrade??" when my server asked. Are you suggesting that I can run the sandbox AS WELL AS my live site in the root? O_O

Plugin Contributions

If it helps, the admin goes to the right place when editing the products.

Plugin Contributions

Check the paths in includes/configure.php for:

'DIR_WS_CATALOG'

'DIR_FS_CATALOG'

No, I misunderstood your question. You can't run both from root.

Plugin Contributions

Check the paths in includes/configure.php for:

'DIR_WS_CATALOG'

'DIR_FS_CATALOG'

No, I misunderstood your question. You can't run both from root.
    Yep, thanks, Steve.

I have and they're fine. I'm sure it's got to be one of the mods I've plugged in; bilingual ez-pages or CSS flyout tabs -- More than likely the lattler.

There's a call being made for the products to fetch the info from the db, and I can't find it. Do you know if there's an easy way to figure that out?

Plugin Contributions

You have something rewriting your category and product pages' URLs. The URL's of those pages don't include the subdirectory. You might check that mod and turn it off if possible to see if things work properly.

Plugin Contributions

You have something rewriting your category and product pages' URLs. The URL's of those pages don't include the subdirectory. You might check that mod and turn it off if possible to see if things work properly.
    Truly appreciating the help, Steve.

Sadly I am unsure how to turn off the mods in question once installed if it doesn't have an on-off switch in the admin.

I've got only two mods rewriting (I think), EZ Pages bilingual and CSS Flyout -- although I have tabbed product pages too, but I don't think that's coming into play yet.

The pages that are not indexing are either the EZ pages or the products themselves. So, I may actually have two culprits causing the problem.

My big problem is that as well as I know my way around the site, I really have a very elementary grasp of the file structure, or even how the php actually does what it does. Nevermind what the commands we're actually dealing with might be. (I haven't done any programming since grade 12 and I've been out of high school nearly 30 years. In the last three months, I have learned a great deal of respect for people who do this for a living.

I'm pretty certain that the call to the db for the list of products is somehow sending it back to the root db, but I don't know what command I'm looking for. My thinking is that I should be looking for the db call in the files that create the structure that is my drop menu or the call for my ez pages... either way, I don't know what I'm looking for, and I really hope it's not something that requires hard-coding in core files -- At least I'm hoping it's not.

I assume it's got to do with the 'index' or 'subindex' or both... but, it could easily be neither.

Is there an easy way (a developer's trick/method?) to use the bug tool or developer's tools to figure out what the call is so that I can find it to fix it?

On the other hand, I may be way off base (I hope not).

Plugin Contributions

I don't know much about Zencart's file structure either, but I suspect you may have installed something you've forgotten about. Your first category URL looks like this:

http://www.peppermaster.com/chili_pe...irs_aka_syrups

No subdirectory in the path, and that's not a dynamic Zencart URL and must be being generated from somewhere. I don't think either of the mods you mentioned alters page URLs (I'm sure the Flyout one doesn't - I haven't used the EZ Pages one, but I can't imagine why it would rewrite URLs). Do you have any .htaccess files that may be redirecting stuff to other places ?

Plugin Contributions

I've got only two mods rewriting (I think), EZ Pages bilingual and CSS Flyout
    I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of "rewriting" here - it is the URL (in the address bar) being changed from Zen Cart's standard dynamic URL to a "human-readable" URL, as stevesh describes.

URL rewriter mods should have settings somewhere in your admin, probably under something like "SEO".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast