Thread: Snaf

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Snaf

Glad it works.

Probably I need to do the same for featured, specials, all listings. And I need to make it work for languages other than english.

The uninstall thing is a bit strange to be honest.

But writing a nice installer/uninstaller for this mod is on the list of things to do.

There is a little list of minor niggles with this now so I should get round to it in the near future. maybe definitely for sure perhaps....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Snaf - first row text BOLD

Hey, it's me again... I have Zen V1.5.0, using ababon red template. My website is stageandtheaterlighting com .. The FIRST row ONLY of my products is displaying BOLD text in the product description. I don't want that...sooo.... How can I make the text in the first row not bold? any help, as usual, would be GREEEATLY appreciated!! Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Again, a styling issue rather that functionality. Column grid creates the first row as a table header row <th> and the other rows as table rows <tr> . Table headers are sometimes styled in bold so you need to adjust the styling for that :-) Any problems post again.

Plugin Contributions

yea problem,, I don't know where to change that.
    Question.. If I change my headers to not bold, is there any disadvantage to that,, other than styling? search engine disadvantages for example?? and when I make THESE (the first row) not bold, is it going to make every place on the website change? sorry about so many questions... if it's just a styling thing, I certainly want to change it to not bold, so... if you (or anyone) can tell me where and how that would be great.... Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

You can limit the effect to just <th> inside the relevant listings with the right CSS selectors. Something like

#productListing th .listingDescription {font-weight: normal;}

I don't have a standard installation of SNAF to test this on, so it might need adjustment.

It will not matter for SEO - these are not really headers anyway, in spite of the label.

Plugin Contributions

Well, this is a bit of a quirk in column grid. It has existed for a while but I'll try and remember to fix it in the next release.

Try this somewhere in your stylesheet.

Code:
    .centerBoxContentsProducts th{
    font-weight:normal;
    }
    That is untested so I might have made typos.

It will only change the styling in the product listing not everywhere. What the css is saying is apply this styling to all the 'th' that are inside centerBoxContentsProducts.

It is well worth getting you head around a bit of css. Most styling is done that way. Another suggestion is to work out how to use the firebug or web developer tools. These are browser tools that let you see the id and class of elements on the page. If you know them then it is easy to write a css rule to target those elements.

Plugin Contributions

Glenn and I writing at the same time :-)

His solution should work too - it is just a different way of targeting the same thing.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Snaf Use Product Listing Filter

I installed the add on for 1.5.0 without any problems. I am going through and activating the features to see how things work and when I set "Use Product Listing Filter for New Products in SNAF" to TRUE for all versions of "Use Product Listing Filter for INSERT LISTING HERE" I am not getting any sort filter drop down box showing up. Help! also is it possible to have the category headings what is selected for sorting like with typical non SNAF categories?

Plugin Contributions

Usual questions:

1. Can I see a URL. Without being able to see the site it is hard to comment.

2. have you other modifications/themes/addons in place?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by niccol View Post
    Usual questions:

1. Can I see a URL. Without being able to see the site it is hard to comment.
    Leave it to end of day posting and leaving out the basics. thegamingpit.com/index.php you need to include the direct link to the index page otherwise you will get a default coming soon page.

Quote Originally Posted by niccol View Post
    2. have you other modifications/themes/addons in place?
    I have not installed any theme packages, I am generating the site template with the basic overrides of the template_default files as I need to modify anything. SNAF is the only modification to product listing that i have installed.

Below are addons I have in place

zen_lightbox
    wordpress page
    tabbed home page modules
    product extra fields
    a custom product type with it's own product fields
    easy populate
    css flyout menu
    contact us add subect
    additional product images

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast