Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default QR Code for each page?

We see more cusotmers using the QR codes, is there any way to make each page have a QR code generated and displayed as a hot link. We have cusomters email links to whoever does thier purchasing and see more and more people just wanting to share links with others so we wanted to explore this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: QR Code for each page?

Did you ever get an answere?

I've seen one Zen site implementing this and would like to go the same route

Plugin Contributions

Try applying it as an additional image
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.... I thought of that but would have to be selective in where I place them....

Too much work for every item lol

Plugin Contributions

But what would you want the QR for anyway? By the time you've got the customer to the product page, the ONLY thing you want to happen from that point is add-to-cart and chackout.

What would be the purpose of adding a QR code at this level?

I can see some value in having QR codes on a newspaper or magazine ad. In fact, we did a small campaign about 6 months ago for a bookseller, where the QR code image in the print ad led to the main site URL.

But to have these on product pages in a webshop... No... we wouldn't put anything in there that serves as a distraction from the MAIN OBJECTIVE and that is to get the visitor to ADD TO CART AND PAY US SOME MONEY.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I agree with schoolboy, I don't see the point. The other place I have seen QRs is on TV- who has their phone or camera ready to scan their TV, especially when it is in a 30 second commercial.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    who has their phone or camera ready to scan their TV, especially when it is in a 30 second commercial.
    Hasn't every 'geek' done this at least once?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Yeh!.... Point taken

Plugin Contributions

i can see a bit of a use for it for people with a shop and online, we use our website as a means of giving people info and print webpage for customers if looking at a particular item so they leave shop with info, so i suppose something like this printed on each page with link to product may be handy for people who use it, we recently added barcode to each item on printout and do find it handy as well as a lot of customers come back in with page showing item they want, so you instantly have a barcode for item

bn

Plugin Contributions

I think the point with all these "trinkets" is to be judicious in their usage.

Often, we are all tempted to add something just because it looks "s e x y", but we fail to think about what its purpose is, or what it may do in terms of people's behaviour.

Our view is to resist the temptation to "over-glamorise" an eCommerce site, and every feature or function that is embedded MUST have the single-minded objective of streamlining the path to the checkout page.

"Trinkets" are often very distracting, and if they cause a shopper to abandon the cart, then their purpose is actually negative.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast