Plugin Contributions

Default An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again

I've successfully installed zencart and the shop and admin pages come up perfectly however when I return to the computer after 1/2 hour or so the following error appears:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

When I look into the cache for the detailed error the following is being displayed.

[06-Feb-2012 18:11:30] PHP Fatal error: 145:Table './catalog/sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired :: select value
    from sessions
    where sesskey = 'b464496eb78df2cd68dd654f8ca435e0'
    and expiry > '1328580690' in /catalog/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 101

Can someone please tell me what to do.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again

From another post

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...96&postcount=4

In the hosting panel provided by your website host

If you have phpMyAdmin:
    - click on your database from the pulldown menu
    - click on the Operations tab across the top
    - choose the Repair option
    - select the zen_sessions table
    - Go.
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is the second time I've installed the cart for the same shop and the same error happened last time and I did the repair database through the hosting control panel. It didn't fix the problem so I removed the shop totally and reinstalled it. The problem is still occurring. As you suggested I just run the repair database again and it's still not working.

I also installed phpmyadmin onto the directory where the shop is located and now everytime i put in the normal link to the shop it brings up the phpmyadmin

Plugin Contributions

There is absolutley no need to put phpmyadmin in the same directory, infact there is no need to install it at all, as the version provided by your host will work just fine and is outsied of your webroot and therefore harder for hackers to get at and is the recommended way to go.
    Installing it into the zencart directory will overwrite zencart files. Just don't do it.

see down the bottom of this page there will be similar threads, they may have more info on things to do, repairing it should fix it, unless there is something else coming in to play

Quote Originally Posted by jacquimartin View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

This is the second time I've installed the cart for the same shop and the same error happened last time and I did the repair database through the hosting control panel. It didn't fix the problem so I removed the shop totally and reinstalled it. The problem is still occurring. As you suggested I just run the repair database again and it's still not working.

I also installed phpmyadmin onto the directory where the shop is located and now everytime i put in the normal link to the shop it brings up the phpmyadmin
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your hosting company's server keeps crashing or corrupting the tables, then you probably should find a more reliable hosting company.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Please suggest a reliable hosting company.

I only put phpmyadmin on as the instructions in the link that was listed in the first reply said use it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are some hosting suggestions in the "Hosting" link at the top of this page. Due your own due diligence and research whether they will suit your unique requirements or not.

Who's your current host? Have you contacted THEM about your repeating database problems? If not, why? If yes, what was their response?
    If your host doesn't already provide phpMyAdmin as part of your hosting service tools, then you probably need to reconsider how contemporary they are.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.