Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Admin Console and Shopping Cart are gone!

SCREWED UP ROYALLY: ADMIN CONSOLE IS GONE!
    I am very new to using Zen Cart v 1.5.0. After making many updates to my cart (it was almost ready for production), I made some kind of error at about midnight last night while performing an "innocent" update to the header image alternate text in one of the index.php files (can't remember exactly which one, but I'm almost positive it was the one that shows the Zen Cart/company logo in the upper left-hand corner of the Admin Console). Now when I go to where my Admin login screen should be, the screen is BLANK or occasionally returns in Internal Server error. My Admin Console is GONE and a completely white screen is all that shows up!!! A backup restore of the SQL database through my host was of no help, which doesn't surprise me since this is obviously a .php file issue, not a database issue. The iPage tech support representative stated the following: "I have tried to fix the issue and I was unable to fix it. The issue seems to be with the customization of the scripts. Hence, you need to contact the application provider to fix the issue." Well, I can't contact Zen Cart for help, so here I am. *sigh*

I'm so new to Zen Cart that I hadn't yet done a backup of the FTP files relating to my store (super dumb, I know!). I suspect that somewhere I accidentally overwrote the coding for one of the index.php files and now nothing relating to shopping cart is accessible. How can I find the original versions of each of the index.php files so that I can overwrite each of them until I can access my shopping cart again?? Or should I just reinstall Zen Cart and *gasp!* start over??? I'll be glad to live chat or even speak by phone with someone who knows how to help me. I am desperate to fix this issue ASAP. HELP!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Console and Shopping Cart are gone!

Start here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

and check your /cache folder for error log files.

The only index.php file you should be editing is in includes/languages/english. Sounds like you may have uploaded the edited file to admin/includes/languages/english by mistake.
    Last edited by stevesh; 7 Feb 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Admin Console and Shopping Cart are gone!

Thanks so much for replying, stevesh. I have located my cache folder and there are error logs galore, mostly from last night right before and after I noticed my issue. The problem is, they're all GREEK to me! The most recent one reads as follows:

[07-Feb-2012 02:56:34] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/zcadmin/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/zcadmin/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 28
    [07-Feb-2012 02:56:34] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/zcadmin/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/zcadmin/includes/functions/general.php on line 21

And the earliest error log from just before midnight, which I assume is when the issue started, reads as follows:

[06-Feb-2012 23:12:33] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/zcadmin/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/zcadmin/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 28

What in the world does that mean??? What can I do to restore the previous version of admin/includes/languages/english if I have no idea what it looked like before? Holy crap...
    Last edited by EmJayNaturalBeautiqu; 7 Feb 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Plugin Contributions

STEVESH, IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! There were some spaces at the very beginning (i.e. line 1) of zcadmin/includes/languages/english.php. Once I removed them, everything came back and I'm able to log into my admin console. Now I just have to figure out why I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error when I click on my Online Catalog, but I'm sure I'll figure it out shortly. Any ideas? :)
    Last edited by EmJayNaturalBeautiqu; 7 Feb 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Now my cache is recording the following error:

[07-Feb-2012 09:55:31] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_date_raw() (previously declared in /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/includes/languages/english.php:30) in /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 39

Obviously this relates to the 500 Internal Server Error that I get when I try to access the online catalog. Does anyone have any ideas on this??

Plugin Contributions

application error PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_date_raw()

I'm using ZC v 1.5.0. How do I resolve the follow errors now being recorded in my cache?

[07-Feb-2012 09:55:31] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_date_raw() (previously declared in /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/includes/languages/english.php:30) in /hermes/bosweb/web198/b1984/ipg.emjaynaturalbeautiqu/shop/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 39

This relates to the 500 Internal Server Error that I get whenever I try to access the online catalog. I first noticed this issue about an hour ago after resolving a "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by" issue (thanks, stevesh!). I have looked at line 30 the english.php file, but I can't identify the issue. Does anyone have any ideas on this??

Plugin Contributions

red flag MORE INFO: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_date_raw()

More info: I have highlighted "line 30" in red below:

// Return date in raw format
    // $date should be in format mm/dd/yyyy
    // raw date is in format YYYYMMDD, or DDMMYYYY
    if (!function_exists('zen_date_raw')) {
    function zen_date_raw($date, $reverse = false) { if ($reverse) {
    return substr($date, 3, 2) . substr($date, 0, 2) . substr($date, 6, 4);
    } else {
    return substr($date, 6, 4) . substr($date, 0, 2) . substr($date, 3, 2);
    }
    }
    }

What am I missing here?? This seems to be the correct string of coding required for this file, yet I'm getting a fatal error message that points to line 30 of this file. HELP??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Looks like your english.php and index.php have been significantly altered from what the original code contains.
    Start with original versions of those files, and then apply ONLY YOUR customizations to the files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! Now I've got a really dumb question (don't laugh at me): Where would I find/access the original versions of those files? I first accessed Zen Cart through iPage's SimpleScripts page, if that matters. Is there a way to find the files again, and then would a simple "overwrite" of one file in place of another do the trick?

Also, just for the sake of curiosity and learning, what did you see in that code string that helped you come to the conclusion that BOTH files have been compromised? I've got to understand this! :)

Signed,
    Seeing a light at the end of the tunnel LOL
    Last edited by EmJayNaturalBeautiqu; 7 Feb 2012 at 09:20 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Download and unzip the Zencart .zip file at zen-cart.com and copy that file from the required folders/files.

Using your host's installer usually works, but you learn so much more by installing manually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast