Plugin Contributions

Default admin login as customer

Hey I installed the admin login as customer by softwareguy and i dont know where to access the feature.

I clicked admin>customer>customers and I dont see the "place order" button.

Im certain I installed it right. I am running 1.3.9H

can someone direct me as to where the button "place order" will be in the admin menu?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin login as customer

I just installed this mod on a test site (1.5.0) and it works as advertised.

Installation should be just a matter of dragging and dropping the 'admin' folder from the mod (after you change the folder name to your custom admin folder name) and the 'includes' folder to the root of your site (and running the SQL patch if you've selected the Master Password option).

The Place Order button appears right where you're looking for it.

Plugin Contributions

"I just installed this mod on a test site (1.5.0) and it works as advertised"

hmm as advertised for 1.3.9h !

it's a shame the AddOn Mods page doesn't say "okay for 1.5.0' etc...
    the same for all the add on mods

spent ages looking through the forums to see y/n to install all my previously installed mods or not

any way nice to find someone who had success, leading the way for us'all to follow suit without the worries

big thumbs up to "Norman ONeil" (Master Password) and "That Software Guy" (Admin login as customer)

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys. I had to hire a guy to install this mod. I am able to log in as customers, however I cannot change their password. This was the sole reason I installed this mod to begin with.

I know my master password should be my admin login password, however that password does not work. I used the primary admin password FYI (admin number 1).

Any suggestions on how to change their password? could I possible go to admin > customer > customer and edit an account's email to an email I own and then use the password reset feature by email?

Apparently some customers claim that the password reset feature does not work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wildchick View Post
    Hey guys. I had to hire a guy to install this mod. I am able to log in as customers, however I cannot change their password. This was the sole reason I installed this mod to begin with.
    Totally NOT what this mod is for!!
    Its so you can take phone orders and place the order on a customers behalf.

Any suggestions on how to change their password? could I possible go to admin > customer > customer and edit an account's email to an email I own and then use the password reset feature by email?
    I personally do this when customers have login problems. I them email them the "working" password.

Apparently some customers claim that the password reset feature does not work.
    Happens to me as well. Its usually a "caching" problem on their computer. Its also usually far too difficult to walk them thru how to fix it. I find sending them a password that I have confirmed to them that works will normally stop them clicking the resend password link. They then find that the password I send them magically works!

Plugin Contributions

hey guys, the changing the email and emailing yourself the reset link works! Then just change the email back to their email.

Gilby, looks like I made a mistake! I thought the master password would let me change their password quickly and efficiently. I would never do phone orders, with my low prices! lol

[QUOTE=gilby;1108005
    Happens to me as well. Its usually a "caching" problem on their computer. Its also usually far too difficult to walk them thru how to fix it. I find sending them a password that I have confirmed to them that works will normally stop them clicking the resend password link. They then find that the password I send them magically works![/QUOTE]

Can you walk me through the steps, for the benefit of my own knowledge?

Plugin Contributions

Can you walk me through the steps, for the benefit of my own knowledge?
    Browsers are designed to cache recently visited pages in memory. The assumption is that most pages doen't change, so to reduce bandwidth the next time that page is accessed the page is taken from the cache instead of getting it from the internet.

So your customer tries to login and mis-types the password.
    They correctly get the "wrong password" failure page error.

They then type in the correct password and instead of the success page they again get the failure page which comes from the cached memory.

In frustration they send themselves a new password with the forgotten password link. But when this is used they again get the cached failure page.

Now this doesn't happen all the time and with all the browsers, but happens enough to be a problem with some customers.

The solution for them can be to "clear their cache"
    Each browser has a different method of doing that via a complicated (for the customer) menu selection.

Sometimes clicking refresh for pressing F5 will work.
    If not, pressing ctrl+F5 is supposed to get a fresh copy of the page from the internet.
    Closing the browsers window and reopening will sometimes work
    or using a different browser

In some rare cases I find that the ISP also caches the failure page so that none of the above works immediately.
    It will only work after the ISP's cache expires and they get a new copy of the page.

If all else fails they can try a different computer using a different ISP.

I find that by the time I get them a new password myself, enough time has elapsed that the browser's and ISP's cache has expired, and they then get a new page from the internet, hopefully the success page that allows them to login successfully.