Plugin Contributions

Default 404 When Adding New Products

I know this has been asked before, but I don't quite see the answer to my specific problem (and I'd rather not have to reinstall ZenCart).

I've been using 1.3.9h for a while now without any problems. Some time within the past year, clicking on any product results in a 404. In addition, clicking on New Product from the admin results in a 404.

When I look at the URL, I noticed that where it should say product, it says images. No idea why.

So for example, clicking on New Product generates this URL:
    (mydomain)/admin/images.php?x=35&y=15&product_type=1&cPath=2&action=new_product

which goes to a 404 because there is no images.php file.

And clicking on an existing product results in:
    (my domain)/index.php?main_page=images_info&cPath=5&products_id=4

If I manually change images_info to product_info in the URL, it works properly.

I suspect my site has been hacked.

Anyone know how to fix this short of reinstalling zencart?

Anyone know what exactly about my site made it vulnerable to a hack such as this?

Thanks,
    Susie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 404 When Adding New Products

Not likely a hacker.

More like a badly written product-type addon.

Please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section on that page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, I've seen other posts on different threads that talked about the problem being related to messing something up in product types.

But I've never made any changes to the product types at all.

The last thing I did on this store was add a new product, which worked fine at the time.

Then I didn't touch it at all (I don't get a lot of orders). That was probably about 6 months ago. Someone emailed me that their order wasn't working, which is when I found that clicking on New Product gives a 404.

It really did work fine when I added my new product 6 months ago or else my new product wouldn't be there.

Version: 1.3.9 h

Upgrades: I'm sure that somewhere along the line, I upgraded from a previous version by doing it automatically through Fantastico. But adding a new product worked fine after that.

--Susie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If it's looking for images_info and images.php then either the product is set to a new custom product type or you've busted the default settings for built-in product types by changing the handler to some other incorrect value.
    And if you're missing the PHP files that go along with the "images" product type that your product is looking for, that completely explains the "404 not found" error you're complaining about.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If it's looking for images_info and images.php then either the product is set to a new custom product type
    That might explain an existing product 404, but not clicking on New Product. Besides, I didn't change the default product types.

or you've busted the default settings for built-in product types by changing the handler to some other incorrect value.
    What file is the handler? I don't recall making any changes, but I can copy the file from another site that works.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The handler is not a file. It's a setting, inside the product-type settings.

If your links are showing as image_info etc like you posted, then you HAVE indeed changed the product-type settings. Maybe not YOU personally, but your site's setting has indeed been changed.

Plugin Contributions

If your links are showing as image_info etc like you posted, then you HAVE indeed changed the product-type settings. Maybe not YOU personally, but your site's setting has indeed been changed.
    Exactly. That's why I suspect a hack. I'm positive I never changed anything in product types.

So do you know how I can fix this, short of reinstalling ZenCart?

Thanks, Susie