Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Having two sites work on the same server

Hi
    I having trouble with a simple transfer of a site into another domain. I want to have two sites work on the same server. the old site domain is www.flproducts.gr which I dont want to delete offcourse. Now the new one is www.pelagosmarine.gr.
    I'm writing all the steps that I have been doing until now.
    1) I downloaded the www.flproducts.gr site contents with the database as a backup.
    2) I changed the configuration files both in admin/includes and includes.
    3) Then I changed the sql file the SQL command to
    DROP DATABASE `pelagos`;
    CREATE DATABASE `pelagos` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
    USE `pelagos`;
    by simply changing the name of the database name because they cannot have the same db_name as they both are in the same server.
    4) then I transfered the backup into the new dir and then I import the sql file through phpmyadmin. And the new site does not seems to work properly please see www.pelagosmarine.gr.

Please tell me what am I doing wrong here? It seems to be something wrong with the database but I cannot trace it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Having two sites work on the same server

Please help! I'm trying t figure out these for weeks now and I find a solution

Plugin Contributions

Default Transfering one site from one Domain to another on the same server?

Hi
    I having trouble with a simple transfer of a site into another domain. I want to have two sites work on the same server. the old site domain is www.flproducts.gr which I dont want to delete offcourse. Now the new one is www.pelagosmarine.gr.
    1) I downloaded the www.flproducts.gr site contents with the database as a backup.
    DROP DATABASE `pelagos`;
    USE `pelagos`;
    by simply changing the name of the database name because they cannot have the same db_name as they both are in the same server.
    4) then I transfered the backup into the new dir and then I import the sql file through phpmyadmin. And the new site does not seems to work properly please see www.pelagosmarine.gr.

Please tell me what am I doing wrong here? It seems to be something wrong with the database but I cannot trace it Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transfering one site from one Domain to another on the same server?

I don't see what's wrong with the site other than you need to change the permissions on includes/configure.php to 444. If you can't do that using FTP, you may be able to use your hosting account's control panel file manager.

Plugin Contributions

Default Having two sites work on the same server?

Hi
    DROP DATABASE `pelagos`;
    USE `pelagos`;

Please tell me what am I doing wrong here? It seems to be something wrong with the database but I cannot trace it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Having two sites work on the same server?

Hi
    DROP DATABASE `pelagos`;
    USE `pelagos`;

Plugin Contributions

Moderator's note: multiple posts have been merged together .

Please stop reposting.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

What do you mean what is wrong with the site? please check again
    www.pelagosmarine.gr

Plugin Contributions

the site comes with this error
    1142 SELECT command denied to user 'pelagosuser'@'localhost' for table 'ezpages_content'
    in:
    [select e.pages_id, e.page_open_new_window, e.page_is_ssl, e.alt_url, e.alt_url_external, e.toc_chapter, et.pages_title from ezpages e, nutriverse.ezpages_content et where e.pages_id = et.pages_id and et.languages_id = '6' and status_header = 1 and header_sort_order > 0 order by header_sort_order, pages_title]

I'm trying to solve it

Plugin Contributions

Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong here because all the steps I made where correct.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast