Plugin Contributions

Default New server and changing config files didn't work

I can't find an answer in the forum about this. I changed the /includes/config.php and admin/includes/config.php to have the correct absolute path. Are there more files to change? I am still getting the page stating

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart®.
    You are seeing this page for one or more reasons <snip>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New server and changing config files didn't work

Post the config file contents here

X out DB data
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Also, instead of editing the files and guessing at which things to change to what value, why don't you just let zc_install CREATE correct files for your new server?

Instructions for moving to a new server are here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Because this wasn't a planned move. My host moved all my data, etc to a new logical partition due to a server going down. They emailed me and said that all I had to do was change my absolute paths from E:/ {MY PATH} TO C:/ {MY PATH}.

Anyway, I found one spot where there was a missing path and my site admin is up fine. Now I need to figure out why my catalog is going to
    https:/www.gclrochester.comc/XXXZEN/XXXXXADMIN/index.php?main_page=

There is an extra "c" after com in the url and causes an error because obviously that page doesn't exist. I've done a search in the Developers Tool Kit for this path in all files. I can not find this. I looked in my configure files and can't find this misspelling. Can someone tell me where this url comes from?

My https address works fine otherwise, since I can get into the admin.
    Last edited by grafxgirl; 13 Feb 2012 at 07:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It comes only from your configure.php files.

Remember, if the file is read-only on the server, then any edits you're making aren't being saved.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.