Plugin Contributions

Default 403.1 Error Installing v1.5 using PHP 5.3.10 as FastCGI

I am trying to install the latest version of ZenCart on IIS 6 with FastCGI and PHP 5.3.10. I know my installation of the FastCGI PHP is working as I can run the php_info.php script. I have tested running this script in a number of folders within the zencart installation directory and have no problems. I have the IIS_IUSR permissions set to Read,Read Execute, Write, Modify for all directories and files within the zencart installation. When I run the install I can run the first page index.php. When I click on Continue to go to step 2 (Licensing)

mydomain.com/store/zc_install/index.php?main_page=license

I get the following error:

The page cannot be displayed

You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

•Contact the Web site administrator if you believe this directory should allow execute access.
    HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if this is a problem with permissions in the website folders/files, or if it is regarding the php FastCGI. I have FastCGI entries in the Web Extensions of IIS and also an entry for the php-cgi.exe in the php installation directory. I'm assuming PHP and FastCGI is working and installed correctly as I am able to run the php_info.php file.

Can someone explain what files or directories are being accessed when step 2 is performed. I could probably decern this from the code but I'm hoping a response would be quicker.'

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 403.1 Error Installing ZenCart 1.5 using PHP 5.3.10 as FastCGI

That message is coming from your server, not from Zen Cart
    You'd best talk to your host about why your server is giving you a 403.1 error.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well I know its coming from the server. What I'm asking is can anyone explain to me what file or directory the zencart installstep 2 (licensing) is trying to load so i can hopefully trace a path to the offending file or directory that the error is saying that I don't have access to.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hundreds of files, including your /zc_install/ and all subfolders and your /includes/ and all subfolders.

Smarter would be to consult the server's error logs to find exact specifics.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Nothing in the php log, windows event logs, or iis website log files to help solve this issue.

I guess I will have to analyze the code pages myself to to trace the path of execution to step 2. Would you happen to know what file the function zcInstallAddSID() is located? Just trying to save some time here.

thx

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so I thought I might try to bypass the second step and see if I could get a response from step 3. I changed the querystring to read: main_page=inspect and low and behold the page loaded properly.
    Last edited by psrussell; 11 Feb 2012 at 03:06 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Resolved: After further investigation i found that i was able to avoid the error if i manually entered the offending urls into my browser (GET). The error only occurred if the page request was from a form (POST). In my IIS Extension entries for php I had limited the verbs to GET,HEAD,POST. I would think this would work. Seeing that other sites using older versions where using All verbs, I changed them to All Verbs and zencart now works.