I apologize if I have missed the answer to this but I have searched... and it is Monday and I am bleary eyed from trying to figure this out.

The issue is this: The client wants to offer both USPS and FedEx shipping but at a rates they have predetermined for their own reasons that I don't quite understand. The rates are something like $5.35 for the first lb, + $1.25 for each additional lb (USPS) and something slightly different for FedEx.

I can see where the by weight/unit module will calculate the cost -- but I need it to round up the weight. Right now it is almost calculating it right, but because it's not rounding up, I'm not getting the right amount. Ex. an order weighing 2.88 lbs should be showing $7.85 (USPS) shipping and it's showing $7.70.

Settings
Tare = 0:0
Shipping cost = 1.25
Handling fee = 4.10
Handling per order or box = order

That's the first issue, the second is that while I can almost get this to work for one shipping method, how do I do both?

Yes, it would probably be less hassle right now to use the USPS module, but going through the forums and seeing the issues people are having with that because of the USPS site gives me pause about heading in that direction.