Plugin Contributions

Default Sudden Problems with Paypal Express Checkout

I have seen similar posts here but mine seems a little different. I am getting an email from Paypal with the following error message...

10419 Express Checkout PayerID is missing. - Express Checkout payerID is missing.

I am able to run the checkout process completely without problem right up to the screen for logging into Paypal (which paypal won't let me do because I can't send money to myself). Shortly after that I get the email with the above error message. I became aware of this from a customer who had the same results.

I have changed nothing in the past week to my zen-cart store and this seems to have come along just all of a sudden today. I called Paypal and they say it is a problem on Zen-Cart's side and that something in the Zen-Cart code must have been changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with Paypal Express Checkout

Please click the reply button and answer all of the important questions in the Posting Tips section. Thanks.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Please click the reply button and answer all of the important questions in the Posting Tips section. Thanks.

What version of Zen Cart are you using? 1.3.9.h

Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)? Upgraded to 1.3.9.h when it was released (upgraded from prev version)

If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    Official

What addons have you installed? When? Just a template...3 yrs ago

In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install? Just layout and template

If you're encountering display/layout problems, post your site URL* so it can be seen in action. n/a

If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL). just-host

HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc) yes

Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking? yes

WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc? Prob just started. No changes to site in months

If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live? First store but has been live for three yrs

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by doooomed View Post
    I have changed nothing in the past week to my zen-cart store and this seems to have come along just all of a sudden today. I called Paypal and they say it is a problem on Zen-Cart's side and that something in the Zen-Cart code must have been changed.
    So, if it's been running just fine for 3 years, then the problem isn't the Zen Cart code, right?

And if "the code must have been changed", then WHO exactly did that?

The people at Zen Cart have NO access to your site or store or webhosting account or your PayPal account. That's all in YOUR control.

So ... if something's been changed, WHO changed it, and WHAT did they do?

Those are the questions you need to find answers to. Nobody here can guess the answers for you, because you hold those keys, not us.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    So, if it's been running just fine for 3 years, then the problem isn't the Zen Cart code, right?

And if "the code must have been changed", then WHO exactly did that?

The people at Zen Cart have NO access to your site or store or webhosting account or your PayPal account. That's all in YOUR control.

So ... if something's been changed, WHO changed it, and WHAT did they do?

Those are the questions you need to find answers to. Nobody here can guess the answers for you, because you hold those keys, not us.
    Wow! I am not blaming Zen-Cart or saying that anyone would or could have made changes to my store. I was simply relaying what was said to me from Paypal for reference purposes. It is very possible that I did something to cause the problem that I didn't realize I did and I have no problem admitting that if so be the case.

I am still hoping for assistance if anyone can offer any. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

My point was emphatic for the purpose of encouraging you to dig into what's changed on your hosting company's server configuration, or in your hosting account's files, or in your PayPal account.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.