Thread: lost my shop

Plugin Contributions

Default lost my shop

hi - I have had to change the name of my website. I accessed the admin section of zen cart and under configuration and I changed the name of my store and changed the email addresses etc to reflect the new name but since doing this, the page has disappeared

the store is still on the original domain name/hosting server etc shop but will not show on the net. I have ordered a new domain name and hosting but this has not been activated, can someone advise me on how to get this back or if when I put the new domain name/server on line that it will it link back in

Also can I just link the original site name to the new
    and keep everything I have built on zen

really annoyed that I may have lost everything I have built in the last six months - I am a bit of a novice so a plain english reply would be appreciated

thanking everyone in advance

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: lost my shop

Please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section on that page, including the store URL.

FAQ on Blank Pages: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

As far as moving to another hosting account, there are instructions on that: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks I will give this a try

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by debs100 View Post
    hi - I have had to change the name of my website.
    Mind if I ask why?

I accessed the admin section of zen cart and under configuration and I changed the name of my store and changed the email addresses etc to reflect the new name but since doing this, the page has disappeared
    The name of the store has no relationship with the domain name or email addresses.

the store is still on the original domain name/hosting server etc shop but will not show on the net.
    As far as "the net" is concerned nothing has actually changed in regards to your store. It is also unlikely that you managed to 'break' anything when changing the store name, so I suspect more is going on here than it first appears.

I have ordered a new domain name and hosting but this has not been activated,
    If you are trying to access your old store with the new domain name you'll be greeted with a 'host not found' error message (at least until the registration and associated delegation has been processed an propagated.

can someone advise me on how to get this back
    The store should still exist under the original domain name (unless you have made other changes not yet mentioned).

or if when I put the new domain name/server on line that it will it link back in
    There is no 'link' between a domain name and a zencart store name, so the answer has to be 'no'.

Also can I just link the original site name to the new
    and keep everything I have built on zen
    Other than using very bad terminology, yes, you can move any store to any domain with no loss of data.

really annoyed that I may have lost everything I have built in the last six months - I am a bit of a novice so a plain english reply would be appreciated
    You wouldn't/shouldn't lose anything as long as the site where the store is originally located is accessible to you.

Perhaps the following tutorial may be of some help?

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Cheers
    Rod