Plugin Contributions

Default Header Bar/Search - removing or changing the info

I've scoured the forums and find bits and pieces that kind of help, but I can't seem to get anywhere with this.

I'm still a beginner, but moved over here from osCommerce, so I have a basic handle on using PHP, CSS and most of the admin features here.

I purchased a template from zen-template.com and installed before doing any work on my store. It has been fairly easy to work with. But I'm stuck with the green header bar that has the currency, languages and phone number & email. I for the life of me cannot figure out how to change the email and phone number at the very least. Ideally, I'd like to remove the currency and language, too, and just leave the green bar as a plain bar.

Here's my website:
    www.our-epoch.com/store

What is this bar called, and where could I find the correct files to edit or remove? I've poked around in all the obvious places, and I've turned off every option I can think of in EZPages, Layout Boxes controller, etc.

Maybe if I at least know the correct name of what I'm trying to edit, that will help. I realize this is most likely a custom template issue. I've contacted the developer, but have yet to get an answer. They'll be slow at best, apparently.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Header Bar/Search - removing or changing the info

It is a template issue. Add this to your stylesheet:

.style7, .style8 {display: none;}

#indexBody th {color: #6FA303;}

To remove the green bar completely:

#indexBody th {display: none;}

For future reference, install the Firefox browser and the Web Developer plugin for Firefox. You can use those to see where in the stylesheet you change the styling of the various page elements.

Ctrl-Shift-Y will allow you to hover over a section of the page and see the class and id names for that section in the box at the top. The statements in the stylesheet that begin with # are id's and the ones that begin with dots are classes.

Ctrl-Shift-E will open the CSS editor and allow you to edit the stylesheet and see the changes in real time without changing anything permanently. An essential tool.

Some prefer Firebug, which does much the same thing.

(If you're using Firefox 4-10, you'll need to remap the editor shortcut, since Firefox has appropriated Ctrl-Shift-E for an internal function - I use Ctrl-Shift-Q.)