Plugin Contributions

Default creating groups by manufacturer, product, or vendors

I have reposted this hoping that this is a better area and presentation of the issue I am trying to resolve.

I have several different "vendors/manufacturers", and would like to group my products by Creating "Vendor/manufacturer" Groups. By doing this I wish to be able to select a group and discount the entire group based on a sale to me via the vendor.

Can anyone explain to me in detail and step by step how I can do this by product type; IE: T-shirts, mugs, sweatshirts, etc so that I can move the products under their proper vendors and apply the sales start and end dates to these groups?

But I do not want the manufacturers to be displayed to the customers.

Ideally what I need is to be able to display to customers in the site map is:

Apparel-|
    |- T-shirts
    |- Performance Dry
    |- Sweatshirts
    |- Military Light T-Shirts

Drink-ware-|
    |Mugs
    etc, etc, etc.....

And be able to list all the items in these categories but yet control the pricing by saying (manufacturer/attribute/vendor):

Item#1 - zongo mfg.,
    Item#2 bbb mfg.,
    Item#3 zongo mfg.,
    Item #4 #@$ mfg.,
    etc

I tried to do it via attribute by creating an "Option Name" of the vendor as manufacturer, and making it read only for admin use only. But could not add it to the product. I figured if that would work, I could then move the items under their respective vendors accordingly and then use the sale/price manager to control the group sale.

Any ideas? I know it can be done as the software is really flexible, I just have been unable to find/figure a way to do it, or any documentation that would lead me in the right direction.
    Last edited by TheMortician4; 14 Feb 2012 at 02:28 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: creating groups by manufacturer, product, or vendors

You could make Categories for each of the Manufacturers and then make those the master_categories_id to the Products ... now when you try to put a Manufacturers Category on sale they will work and show up with that sale in the other Linked Products categories ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You could make Categories for each of the Manufacturers and then make those the master_categories_id to the Products ... now when you try to put a Manufacturers Category on sale they will work and show up with that sale in the other Linked Products categories ...
    Can you spell this out for me as to how to implement this idea? This is the first positive response I have gotten since my original post regarding this little dilemma.

Plugin Contributions

Make a Category for:
    Manufacturers

Add SubCategories for:
    Bob
    Harry
    Fred

Add the Products for these Manufacturers to their Categories ...

Now set these Categories as the Master Categories ...

This would then have a T-Shirt setup to both the T-Shirt Category and one of the Manufacturers Categories ...

Once this is done, you can set the Manufacturers Categories to be the Master Categories by going to 1 of the Products in each of the Manufacturers Category and hitting C for Copy then click on Multiple Categories Link Manager ...

At the bottom of the page you will see:
    Reset ALL Products in the selected Category to use the selected Category as the new Master Categories ID ...
    Example: Resetting Category 22 would set ALL Products in Category 22 to use Category 22 as the Master Category ID
    Reset the Master Categories ID for All Products in Category:
    and can enter the Manufacturers categories_id and set all of the Products to use that as their master_categories_id ...

Now you can put Fred's Products on Sale and they will all go on Sale in all the other Categories where ever Fred is the Manufacturer ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Make a Category for:
    Manufacturers

Add SubCategories for:
    Bob
    Harry
    Fred

Add the Products for these Manufacturers to their Categories ...

Now set these Categories as the Master Categories ...

This would then have a T-Shirt setup to both the T-Shirt Category and one of the Manufacturers Categories ...

Once this is done, you can set the Manufacturers Categories to be the Master Categories by going to 1 of the Products in each of the Manufacturers Category and hitting C for Copy then click on Multiple Categories Link Manager ...

At the bottom of the page you will see:

and can enter the Manufacturers categories_id and set all of the Products to use that as their master_categories_id ...

Now you can put Fred's Products on Sale and they will all go on Sale in all the other Categories where ever Fred is the Manufacturer ...

how do I make them master categories?

Plugin Contributions

As I explained above, use the:
    Multiple Categories Link Manager
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

As I explained above, use the:
    Multiple Categories Link Manager
    Ahhhhhhhhhh Okay let me see if I can do this without making a complete mess of this.