Plugin Contributions

Default How do you upgrade 1.3.9.x to 1.3.9h??

Hi

Forgive me if I missed something obvious, but on this page http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131115 there are no steps to upgrade 1.3.9.x to 1.3.9h, or patches. It just says upgrade to the latest version.

I have too many changes to core files to just upgrade like this, it would take too long as I would have to reapply the template and all core changes and add-ons to a new install. Therefore I would like to modify my 1.3.9d to apply the changes to get to 1.3.9h, but I cannot find any information about this.

Is there a zip file of changed files, or some instruction somewhere?

Thanks a lot

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do you upgrade 1.3.9.x to 1.3.9h??

I found this page that states I have to consult the Changelog to get updated files:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160378

Is there no Zip file that only contains the changed files? Do I have to go through a full installation and find the changed files to upload?

Then do this for every release from d to h?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

If you were to use something like Beyond Compare from scootersoftware.com and compare a clean v1.3.9d to a clean v1.3.9h you could see all of the files that were changed to know which ones to look at to compare to your site ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

When you download and unzip the ZC 1.3.9h files, open the docs folder and there you will see a bunch of change log files, including the four of them which together tell you what has changed between d and h.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I am making this changelog list of files from all the versions upgrades and then will update the ones from 1.3.9h

BUT why does this set of files not already exist?? This is quite a long task, many thousands of people will be doing the same thing, cant the files just not be made available by Zencart as a Zip, like other systems like Joomla? Joomla even puts the Zips of older versions upgrading to the latest version, not just from one step to the next.

This would not be difficult for the Zencart tean to do but would save many hours of each persons time, probably hundreds of thousands of man hours saved in total.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

The suggestion has been made before, and turned down before. C'est la vie.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If you were to use something like Beyond Compare from scootersoftware.com and compare a clean v1.3.9d to a clean v1.3.9h you could see all of the files that were changed to know which ones to look at to compare to your site ...
    Beyond Compare is an *excellent* tool and certainly what I use for this type of task.